SHOCKING: Spirit Leaves Body At Fatal Kentucky Crash?.

Javvee

Aug 29, 2013

Is that a man’s spirit leaving his body?

Incredible!

And Saul Vazquez to add: "I took this picture just
few minutes ago from the cab of my truck it was
an accident between campton and Stanton on the
service road just off of the mountain parkway, zoom
in and pay attention to the shadow just off the top
of the state trooper hat."

All I say is I hope everyone involved is okay!!

The photo shows two ambulances with state troopers
standing in between.

SHOCKING: SPIRIT LEAVES BODY AT DEATH!
ABSOLUTE PROOF YOU HAVE A SOUL!

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
Absolute proof? Yeah, absolute proof that people will instantly believe anything that fits their agendas! :p

Reactions: _2old_

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Hey! I don't know if I am buying this either. I do believe in the concept of souls though. People make fun of what I believe in too. Funny how people are intolerant about things like that. You would think that if people want to be accepted for what they believe in they would in turn be tolerant of others. Of course I have limts myself, such as Hara Krishna and Scientology but still, if that is what those nuts want to believe in, that is their business, not mine.

There are some scientific facts that are relevant here though. One is your body, everyones body, is made up of molecules that contain energy. Another is that “Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another” (Albert Einstein). Lastly energy leaves the body after death (scientifically proven fact). Make of it what you want but I think those are interesting facts.

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
People make fun of what I believe in too. Funny how people are intolerant about things like that.

Just because someone makes fun of something that you believe in doesn't automatically mean that they're intolerant.

There are some scientific facts that are relevant here though. One is your body, everyones body, is made up of molecules that contain energy. Another is that “Energy cannot be created or destroyed, it can only be changed from one form to another” (Albert Einstein). Lastly energy leaves the body after death (scientifically proven fact). Make of it what you want but I think those are interesting facts.

You know, I did not know about that last part, so I turned to google, and here's what I found. But then, since it also came up on the search, I read this, too. I'm not convinced, to say the least. Sure, it would be nice to have a soul that could live on after death, and yeah, it would be fantastic to go to a place after my death where it's just me and 10 000 Cyndi Wangs, but I think that all this talk about souls and life after death are just people trying to convince themselves that they can somehow survive death, which is a ridiculous notion in my mind, but I suppose it's just human nature.

But I do agree with you that people are free to believe (in) whatever they want to believe (in) - as long as they don't hurt others.

Reactions: Ceewan

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Some part of every living thing lives on after death, that is just how energy works. That is science. I don't have a hard time with science, except when they claim theories to be facts, which is just egotistical justifications to spread falsehoods.

Faith is something different. Faith is spiritual. Everyone has Faith in something. The best explanation of faith I have heard is the "lightswitch". When you walk into a dark room you flip the switch to turn the lights on and that is what you expect to happen. You believe wholeheartedly that one action will lead to another. It doesn't matter what you are basing that expectation on, that is immaterial. We do not wonder if the lightbulb is burnt out, or the power is out, or if a fuse is out. With no second thought in our head we trust that the darkness will be dispelled by that one action of faith that flipping the switch will bring light.

Of course I am just bored, so I am making idle chitchat here. I think people that use their beliefs as an excuse to do harm to others don't have any faith at all. They live in despair. They are so full of fear and self-loathing that they find some insane justification for their actions. It is a sad world we live in that these types of people flourish. I pity them.

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
Faith is something different. Faith is spiritual. Everyone has Faith in something. The best explanation of faith I have heard is the "lightswitch". When you walk into a dark room you flip the switch to turn the lights on and that is what you expect to happen. You believe wholeheartedly that one action will lead to another. It doesn't matter what you are basing that expectation on, that is immaterial. We do not wonder if the lightbulb is burnt out, or the power is out, or if a fuse is out. With no second thought in our head we trust that the darkness will be dispelled by that one action of faith that flipping the switch will bring light.

That doesn't seem to me like a good explanation at all. I get what the explanation is trying to do (and the intended metaphor), but the thing is that it's a very reasonable expectation to believe that there will be light if you flip the switch that turns on the lights - not because you have faith that it will, but rather because 1, you know that's what happens most of the time and/or 2, you know about electricity/technology (science). So your expectation is based on previous observations and scientifically proven, tangible things, but when it comes to faith in a religious sense, there isn't any of that. Sure, you can believe in God, and have faith that if you lead a virtuous life, you will go to heaven, but whether your beliefs are true cannot be proven (or disproven), and that's where faith comes in.

I think people that use their beliefs as an excuse to do harm to others don't have any faith at all. They live in despair. They are so full of fear and self-loathing that they find some insane justification for their actions. It is a sad world we live in that these types of people flourish. I pity them.

I think I get what you mean and I agree that many use faith/religion as an excuse for getting/staying in power, but then again, there are zealous fanatics who do believe that they are doing the right thing - and the latter are usually easily exploited by the former.

Of course I am just bored, so I am making idle chitchat here.

:ehem:

Let me tell you about this girl called Cyndi Wang... :haha:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
That doesn't seem to me like a good explanation at all. I get what the explanation is trying to do (and the intended metaphor), but the thing is that it's a very reasonable expectation to believe that there will be light if you flip the switch that turns on the lights - not because you have faith that it will, but rather because 1, you know that's what happens most of the time and/or 2, you know about electricity/technology (science). So your expectation is based on previous observations and scientifically proven, tangible things, but when it comes to faith in a religious sense, there isn't any of that.

I don't think you thought about it much. You should have let that one stick in your craw and chewed on it a bit. Like I told you; "It doesn't matter what you are basing that expectation on, that is immaterial". Turning a lightswitch doesn't always turn on a light but actually, that is immaterial too (though ones reaction when that happens is relevant). What matters is we act on what we believe. That is a definition of faith.

It is why people pray. Why they go to church, shul, mosques or shrines. It is the reason why many people celebrate holidays and how they celebrate them. It is why some people meditate, why some fast, and why some people go out of their way to seek out those who need assistance in order to give it. It defines right and wrong for some and gives reason to each and every day for others.

I won't debate the authenticity of that last sentence of yours that I quoted but I could. There are something like 2 billion or more christians in this world and when you add in people of other beliefs as well....that is a lot of people. I am not saying that all of them are right and you are wrong I am just saying maybe you shouldn't be so sure you are right and all of them are wrong and that they base their beliefs on "nothing real". And that is about all I have to say on that.

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
Like I told you; "It doesn't matter what you are basing that expectation on, that is immaterial". ... What matters is we act on what we believe.

Yeah, and I don't agree with that, like my previous comment shows! :)

I won't debate the authenticity of that last sentence of yours that I quoted but I could. There are something like 2 billion or more christians in this world and when you add in people of other beliefs as well....that is a lot of people. I am not saying that all of them are right and you are wrong I am just saying maybe you shouldn't be so sure you are right and all of them are wrong and that they base their beliefs on "nothing real". And that is about all I have to say on that.

Feel free to go ahead, I'll listen, but I don't think you'll be able to prove to me that God exists, or that you go to heaven/hell after death or whatever. :)

Reactions: _2old_

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Your english skills could use some work. Your comprehension seems to be a trifle off. Keep working on it and good luck!

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
Your english skills could use some work. Your comprehension seems to be a trifle off. Keep working on it and good luck!

Would you care to lend a hand to a poor, silly boy and help him improve his English? :)

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
It is kind of hard to understand just what words you are misinterpeting but from our conversations I can tell something is being lost in the translation. Your responses to what you quote don't seem to be in context, as if you are understanding it differently than what was said. You are Taiwanese? (a guess from the Cyndi Wang reference)

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
I don't think that there's anything lost in translation. Not on my side, at least! :D And I don't see how my responses are out of context with what I quote. I think it only seems to you like they are because I don't agree with what you wrote and you just don't (or are unable to) see my point of view, and that's what makes you think that there's a disconnect.

Another thing that might cause you to think that I don't get what you mean is that you take parts of what I said and view them on their own. For example, in comment 7, your last paragraph adresses that last sentence of mine that you quoted, but you completely disregarded my last sentence in that paragraph in comment 6. Then I answer by repeating what I said there to the related part in your comment(7), and that's what probably makes you think that I didn't get what you wrote there, when in fact you were the one that omitted what I had said before for whatever reason.

As for the "Like I told you; "It doesn't matter what you are basing that expectation on, that is immaterial". ... part, you come off as thinking that what you told me is absolute truth. It is not. It is merely an opinion. So I don't see how me not agreeing with that (and with that explanation in general in my previous comment) paints me as having poor English skills or not being capable of comprehending what you wrote. It seems to me that you simply have a difficult time accepting opinions that differ from your own and if I don't see things your way, you think that I must have not understood what you wrote/meant.

And no, I'm not Taiwanese.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
No, it has nothing to do with you disagreeing with me. I don't care about that. For one thing you didn't seem to understand that "It doesn't matter what you are basing that expectation on, that is immaterial" wasn't an opinion but a statement. This implies that you have a problem comprehending the difference between the two. I noticed other similar discrepencies but I see no reason to point them all out as you are taking this offensively and I am not. Any misunderstandings are on your end however, I understand what you have been saying perfectly. For example:

I said I I won't debate the authenticity of that last sentence of yours that I quoted but I could in reference to "So your expectation is based on previous observations and scientifically proven, tangible things, but when it comes to faith in a religious sense, there isn't any of that". So you reply: "Feel free to go ahead, I'll listen, but I don't think you'll be able to prove to me that God exists, or that you go to heaven/hell after death or whatever" totally ignoring what I had just said. Worse, you ignored the advice I gave you and acted as if I was just talking about christianity but what I had said replied to religious beliefs in general There are something like 2 billion or more christians in this world and when you add in people of other beliefs as well....that is a lot of people. I am not saying that all of them are right and you are wrong I am just saying maybe you shouldn't be so sure you are right and all of them are wrong and that they base their beliefs on "nothing real" implying that you are unwilling and unable to accept that billions of people could know something that you don't. And that is okay but why would I be willing to continue to talk about that subject when I clearly said And that is about all I have to say on that. So either you quoted something and ignored what it said or you misunderstood what you were reading. The latter here seemed more likely.

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
For one thing you didn't seem to understand that "It doesn't matter what you are basing that expectation on, that is immaterial" wasn't an opinion but a statement.This implies that you have a problem comprehending the difference between the two. I noticed other similar discrepencies...

I looked it up, just for you! Statement: "A statement is a sentence that says something is true, like "Pizza is delicious." There are other kinds of statements in the worlds of the law, banking, and government. All statements claim something or make a point. If you witness an accident, you make a statement to police, describing what you saw."

Let me break it down for you. "Pizza is delicious" is an opinion. So statements can be opinions. So your statement is an opinion. But of course, I'm the one not understanding anything here...

EDIT: Oh, look what I just found on Merriam-Webster! Another definition!

Simple Definition of statement
  • : something that you say or write in a formal or official way : something that is stated

• : an opinion, attitude, etc., that you express through the things you do, the way you dress, etc.

• : a document which shows amounts of money that you have received, spent, etc. : a brief record of a financial account
See? Hmmm...

you are taking this offensively and I am not.

Oh, I didn't notice!

I said I I won't debate the authenticity of that last sentence of yours that I quoted but I could in reference to "So your expectation is based on previous observations and scientifically proven, tangible things, but when it comes to faith in a religious sense, there isn't any of that". So you reply: "Feel free to go ahead, I'll listen, but I don't think you'll be able to prove to me that God exists, or that you go to heaven/hell after death or whatever" totally ignoring what I had just said.

You said you won't, I said feel free to do it anyway. Where's the misunderstanding in that? And I have already pointed out why the second part of that sentence of mine is relevant, I'd rather not waste more time on that.

Worse, you ignored the advice I gave you and acted as if I was just talking about christianity but what I had said replied to religious beliefs in general There are something like 2 billion or more christians in this world and when you add in people of other beliefs as well....that is a lot of people. I am not saying that all of them are right and you are wrong I am just saying maybe you shouldn't be so sure you are right and all of them are wrong and that they base their beliefs on "nothing real" implying that you are unwilling and unable to accept that billions of people could know something that you don't.

Uh, if I need advice, I'll ask for it! :) And no, I wasn't acting as if you were just talking about Christianity, but that's the only religion that I know something about, so that's the only thing that I could mention examples from without looking up anything. And yeah, I know you weren't just talking about Christians, but just because lots of people believe in something (like the concept of an afterlife) doesn't make it true therefore it doesn't mean that they are right. And I never said I was sure that I was right, I simply stated my opinion (see what I did there? ;) ). And again, I never said that they base their beliefs on nothing real. Here's what I said:

So your expectation is based on previous observations and scientifically proven, tangible things, but when it comes to faith in a religious sense, there isn't any of that. Sure, you can believe in God, and have faith that if you lead a virtuous life, you will go to heaven, but whether your beliefs are true cannot be proven (or disproven), and that's where faith comes in.

See? What I was talking about was their faith in God, an afterlife or whatever - things that cannot be proven or disproven to exist. No observations. No evidence. Nothing. Like I said, that's where faith comes in.

And again, I never said or implied that I'm unwilling and unable to accept that billions of people could know something that I don't. Of course billions of people know many things that I don't. But they don't know if there's a God or not, because they simply cannot know.

So, uh, don't twist my words.

...but why would I be willing to continue to talk about that subject when I clearly said And that is about all I have to say on that. So either you quoted something and ignored what it said or you misunderstood what you were reading. The latter here seemed more likely.

And you also said that you could debate the authenticity of those couple sentences of mine, so like I said, I invited you to do so. Again, I don't see the misunderstanding here.