Photo Project: Otaku and Hikikomori rooms

shashinkaitaly

Sep 1, 2009
Hi,
I am an italian professional photographer and I am here because in october, november and december this year I will be in Tokyo (I have already been there many times in the past).
I would like to meet some people who will allow me to take photos of their room for a photo project. I don't need the photo of the person but of course if you want to be photographed too it's ok, but if you don't want I respect your privacy.

To know more about this project, about me etc. please write me to
shashinkaitaly@gmail.com

I am serious, kind and well educated person.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
That sounds very interesting. Will you be able to post some of you photos on Akiba-Online?

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
What kind of project? Where will the images be featured? What kind of compensation will I be receiving? What kind of release would you ask me to sign? You say you are a 'pro', so if that were true, you would have already covered these questions.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I dunno about that, but if you want proof of his professionalism, all you need request is his portfolio. Isn't that what most artists would use to prove their professionalism: showing their actual projects?

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Well he comes here, claims to be a pro, and has nothing to back it up let alone offering the most basic of 'pro' answers that shouldn't have needed to have even been asked in the first place.

ShanksYYZ

May 6, 2009
Are you still a hikkomori if you let people into your house? Just some retarded curiosity.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I'm still waiting on this idiot to email me back or reply on here. I think he's just some serial r**ist who wants into my home to violate me since I'm so pretty.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
That was funny aquamarine. Just out of curiousity is someone who r***s more than one person at a time a parallel r**ist?

Good idea on the portfolio Sakunyuusha.

ShanksYYZ

May 6, 2009
I'm still waiting on this idiot to email me back or reply on here. I think he's just some serial r**ist who wants into my home to violate me since I'm so pretty.

Technically wouldn't that mean you have a sex life and are therefore no longer a hikkomori? Aquamarine has been robbed of his hikkomorinity :(

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
Just out of curiousity is someone who r***s more than one person at a time a parallel r**ist?

If there's a bunch of them I think they're called a Grapist!

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
I dunno about that, but if you want proof of his professionalism, all you need request is his portfolio. Isn't that what most artists would use to prove their professionalism: showing their actual projects?

You typically request the portfolio if you're looking to hire the person, to see if their photography style matches what you need. If you're looking for confirmation of his/her credibility, you normally request a CV and/or references.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
He was probably just half beating off when he typed it. So ignore it.

AND WHY THE HELL DOES IT SOUND LIKE THERE'S A SERIES OF ELEPHANTS OUTSIDE MY FRICKIN OFFICE WINDOW?!?!?!?! WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!

Frickin Aobadai station... fix your frickin' brake pads you biker retards.

(totally off topic)

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
You're in the land of the ninja, aqua [/weeaboo mode], so you shouldn't have any trouble finding these babies and putting them to good use.

Edit: my mistake, if I'm trying to pretend to be a Japanophile, I suppose I ought to post the link which takes you to the Japanese-specific variant of this ancient, international "jack."