"Not Open for Further Replies"?

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
While here to post my I.D. question, I clicked on a few threads that are brand spanking new, such as Example 1, Example 2, and Example 3... and I noticed they have all been closed, like, immediately!

There must be a good reason for this (I'd presume this action has been taken by our moderator, perhaps Desioner? - even if there is a way for a member to close the thread off for further discussion, it would be too much of a coincidence for so many members to have taken such a step) ... but not knowing the reason, I'd like to say this is not a very good idea.

Sometimes answers are provided which turn out to be mistaken, even though we may think we have the correct I.D.; furthermore, even when the I.D. is correct, there have been many times in the past where forthcoming posts reveal a lot of wonderful and valuable information, pertaining to the I.D. of an actress or a JAV.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
日本
Yes, it's me. There are on average 10 ID requests a day and no other admin/mods tend to them except me. It's true that there are sometimes errors made when IDing the girls/videos. If it's unsolved I'll obviously leave it open. While I do not verify everyone I do check them at times and will close one that is successfully IDed. Also there are members that when they are confident with their IDs will be closed immediately. I just IDed an actress for you but as I got the feeling you're more after the title so I left it open. It's a very good idea in my mind as the girl/video has been IDed and we can move on. Seeing it locked and properly titled shows that the case is closed. If in fact It's incorrect the thread can easily be brought to the attention od the admin/mods buy reporting it. That is what the report system is for. If there is forthcoming info from other members they can easily PM the OP with it.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
I see; one reason I have valued additional input was not just for the benefit of the OP, but for everyone. Sometimes when we search for information on a particular title, we are led to past I.D. pages, and I've benefited a good several times from the additional nuggets a thread might offer, at times placed well after the thread had run its course.

Thank you for the explanation, and thank you especially for so selflessly managing this arena that is so difficult to upkeep.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I've noticed this recently (quite recently) in the Request threads. Once I send something up the thread is closed not long after, which, of course, makes perfect sense. Requested > Fulfilled > Closed.

Reactions: desioner

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Desioner, the thread which you graciously lent a hand to help with the I.D. is here, and is a reminder that the I.D. threads should not be locked up, at least not immediately; if a JAV master as yourself can occasionally make a premature call, can you imagine how the average member (who tries to help with I.D.s) will fare?

When I read, as part of your explanation, "If in fact It's incorrect the thread can easily be brought to the attention of the admin/mods buy reporting it," while being aware of how right you are, I couldn't help thinking of the average member. You know better than anyone that a lot of the members don't act in the most responsible or caring of ways.

If the idea is to show that the case is closed, the trouble you have been going through by adding "[IDed]," I think easily gives that idea. (In questions I have asked in the past, I usually performed an edit at the top of my beginning posts, and added the word "SOLVED.") So, I'm only thinking, what harm can it do to leave the option open for others to add other information.

(Ah, just got an alert while typing, and I noticed one of our great members feeling otherwise, in the above post. Am I in the minority opinion... again? So lonely here, at the bottom.)

Reactions: Casshern2

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I should add that for Title Requests it makes perfect sense (I guess I didn't finish my thought). Once it has been posted it is no longer in need of further seconds and thirds and fourths, so to speak. But I can see where it would be helpful for someone who really knows what he's looking at to chime in on a ID request with "...no, that's not Whatshername! That's Whatshername!"