My arrival in Japan

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Lost In Japan 1200

Aug 26, 2008
I just arrived at my hotel here in Tokyo. It's wednesday early morning hours here in Japan, but I made the mistake of sleeping on the flight from San Fran to Narita so I'm wide awake now.

I don't start work until next week monday (I'm a photographer) so what is there to do around here? Any suggestions on where I could go to get a beer at 2:36am? Oh wait. I've just been informed that there is a bar next to the hotel called "Duke Drunkard's House of Whory". I can't wait to see what that's all about. Gonna shower than head down to the bar.

From what I've already seen so far I think I'm gonna have a very fun time working here in Japan.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
is that the actual name of the bar or has it been translated from japanese? i wonder what "whory" means...

Lost In Japan 1200

Aug 26, 2008
Yeah. Duke Drunkards was just a bar. It would've been cool if there was some "whory" going on, but there wasn't any. It was pretty cool for my first official japanese bar, but there were too many businessmen who I assume go there to drink all night on the weekdays than go back to work in the mornings. It's a little after 1pm now and I'm getting ready to head out and see some sights around Tokyo.

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
i guess with a name like that it just doesn't attract hot Jap girls hehe you should post some of the good pics you've taken for people who are interested in and haven't gone to Japan yet :goodboy:

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Have fun! Not sure what your into but if you like geeky & perverted things head on down to Akihabara (秋葉原) & if you like to pick up girls go over to Shibuya (渋谷). How long are you going to be there?
desioner

dazjam

Jan 14, 2008
I just arrived at my hotel here in Tokyo. It's wednesday early morning hours here in Japan, but I made the mistake of sleeping on the flight from San Fran to Narita so I'm wide awake now.

I don't start work until next week monday (I'm a photographer) so what is there to do around here? Any suggestions on where I could go to get a beer at 2:36am? Oh wait. I've just been informed that there is a bar next to the hotel called "Duke Drunkard's House of Whory". I can't wait to see what that's all about. Gonna shower than head down to the bar.

From what I've already seen so far I think I'm gonna have a very fun time working here in Japan.

Hi

Well!! Much fun awaits you!

Tokyo is fantastic fun and full of photo ops so you should have a ball!

If you can find an english-teaching limey or yankee, or even better a local to help locate the hidden bars and clubs in the department stores, then you're made! There's an amazing amount going on that you can't see!
Plenty of street level bars that are easy to find. Please get to Akihabara before 5pm or you might miss the best action in the cafes/on the streets. An amazing shiatsu massage: (can't remember the street but close by the Keio Plaza hotel in Shinjuku is the one we found). Go for the full hour; It hurts but it hurts good! The Tokyo tower is good for views but a decent alternative choice is to take a guided tour from a local english-speaking volunteer around the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Office (again in Shinjuku). It's not party-time but adds to the flavour and some choice views at the top of the building.
Roppongi Hills is okay if you're drunk and wanna get seedy but, to be honest, was a bit grimy! We ducked out of the main drag (too many hustlers) and into a local darts pub. Strange but definitely an experience. If you can speak any Japanese then you'll be happy cos you WILL want to chat to the local girls. Shibuya station and the famous crossing are worth a 'people-watching' trip and you'll be safe and happy no matter what the time of night, long as your on a lit street, no sweat! . It's Japan!

Sorry but I got a bit excited. You porbably been told most of this already but I wanted to share. My trip last year left me wanting more. Was nice to get out of town; can recommend Amonahashidate for a seaside trip and climbing Fuji at night is something you'll never forget. Way tougher than you'd think too!

JUst a few happy thoughts.

Enjoy and Kampai!:happy::happy: