@ mod/admin, crowdsource niche JAV genre

chienb

Mar 28, 2009
dear staff/admin,

i wanted to seek permisson before i go ahead and create the thread.

i would like to create a crowdsourcing thread for a niche genre which alot of ppl on the jav dl forum are looking for.

because these titles are rare and ppl are searching for them endlessly i will setup 'donations' and ppl can donate whatever amount they want. once the amount has been reached i will rerip and reupload the videos to various DDL sites and set pw to www.akiba-online.com

i joined a successful amwf forum runnin this program and it really makes it cheaper for ppl who would love to purchase these titles.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
It would be fine for you to just offer your service much like I do.
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=748697
People interested can contact you via PM and work gets done that way. If however you were thinking more of a group buy kinda thing like the DVD clubs then you could also have one of them made as well.
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=176
But there are things that need to discussed before that can happen either. Can you be more specific in what you were thinking of doing. If you don't want to make a public post you can always PM me other other admin/mods.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Hmm… interesting. I never knew about a service like that before. I could imagine a few problems that you could easily run into though. Lack of balance in these "donations", thousands of others leeching from the funds of a few, Others just not being satisfied with the service, etc… I hope that you're prepared to deal with these things.
Also if you're advertising the fact that you're able to consistently purchase JAV and rip and upload properly people will be expecting and demanding that it be good. One more concern I have is that while IP location isn't 100%, I'm getting that you're based in the states. It's not impossible to get JAV there I know. But the selection and sources are by far limited to what's available here in Japan. Unless of course you're going to focus on Uncensored. That's something that I can't easily get but you could be able to.
While this would reach thousands of members, potentially guests too. There needs to be quite a bit of thought put into this. I'm also not sure on how that chip in system works. If that's really the way you wanted to go I would do it very cautiously. The idea to use paypal to purchase adult videos violates there User Agreement.
paypal said:
Using the PayPal service to receive payments for any sexually oriented or obscene materials or services in violation of the Acceptable Use Policy.
If you're confident in the plans you have I suggest that you clearly write up a proposal for chompy. He's the one who can make or break it. If you have any other ideas please feel free to also state them here. I'm sure I'm not the only one with suggestions.
P.S. I don't know why I never asked before. What is the niche genre you had in mind?

chienb

Mar 28, 2009
I will have access to a legit website with pretty recent titles (ie. EMU-85 released 7/22, MN-35 released 7/13, etc.). Donation requirements would range according to the release date; the newer the titles the more expensive.

To 'bypass' Paypal's ToS, I can just provide the links in the forum and email/PM the dl link's password (which I can change via Filesonic anytime I want to minimize leechers).

I thought alot about the donation process. Scenario 1, 1 person donates $5 towards a $20 purchase. After a week the donation amount is still at $5 sitting in my Paypal. No one chips in after 2 weeks and I would refund this person his $5. So he really spent $5 on nothing.

To combat this, I would employ a Groupon approach. I would do a poll first, once the amount of people interested reaches the minimum (ie. a $20 title would maybe require 4 - 5 people chipping in $5 or $4 respectively; yet to decide on this), the deal would be "on" and I will post the Chipin page link. I would set the duration for the donation as short as possible to minimize the time I'm holding on to people's money (in case the deal don't go through).

I'm also thinking of doing a OPTIONAL subscription plan where people can pay $5 - $10 a month and get all the purchased download links (this was the program I joined for the AMWF site mentioned previously).

The quality of the videos:

Video
640 x 480
Data rate: 1404kbps
Total bitrate: 1500kbps
Audio
Bit rate: 96kbps
Channels: 2 (stereo)
Audio sample rate: 44 kHz

P.S how can i get ahold of the mighty chompy :p

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Well chienb, I'll start by saying that from the chipin link you posted and the 2 DVD codes above am I safe in assuming that the niche genre you had in mind is fellatio / blow jobs? Hardly niche at all I believe. Anyway it seems that you have thought a bit about this, which is always a good start. I'm not sure about the legitimacy of the website you stated. Not knowing the link and all. I also don't see the correlation between release date and price.
The poll is the best idea put forth. I use polls as well and they are what keeps things smooth and easy to understand. I'm not sure how I feel about you having to deal out refunds for lack of interest on others. A monthly subscription has it's benefits and drawbacks. The video specs aren't bad but if that's all that they're getting I can't imagine that many being interested. No DVD iso? No scans of the cover and disc? I understand that many people aren't interested in physical copies or collections. They might very well be happy with digital files only.
You can simply send a PM to chompy with the full thought out details of your idea & plans. He'll reply with an answer when he can. Good luck.