Je Suis Charlie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Charlie Hebdo: Gun attack on French magazine kills 12
Gunmen have shot dead 12 people at the Paris office of French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo in an apparent militant Islamist attack.

Four of the magazine's well-known cartoonists, including its editor, were among those killed, as well as two police officers.

A major police operation is under way to find three gunmen who fled by car.

President Francois Hollande said there was no doubt it had been a terrorist attack "of exceptional barbarity".

The masked attackers opened fire with assault rifles in the office and exchanged shots with police in the street outside before escaping by car. They later abandoned the car in Rue de Meaux, northern Paris.

Death threats
Witnesses said they heard the gunmen shouting "we have avenged the Prophet Muhammad".

The number of attackers was initially reported to be two, but French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve later said they were hunting three "criminals".

Wednesday, January 7
15:23 GMT:
College students stand in solidarity with Charlie Hebdo.
B6wbhfoIQAAjj0r.jpg

14:36 GMT:
Social media users are sharing an image with the words "Je suis Charlie" or "I am Charlie" in a show of solidarity with victims of the attack.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
yes it was me that closed it, it was getting out of hand, we are not a mindless rabble, we are a Japanese board, with a watchful eye on the rest of the world

may those who died rest in peace, and I hope the rest of the world will live in peace

Reactions: Little Chucky
Status
Not open for further replies.