IPPA numbers search website

yellowvac

Jan 14, 2024
Trying to ID a video I found, reverse image search hasn't found anything and all I have to go on are the IPPA numbers watermarked on the video. I remembered there being a place to look up studios by IPPA code, but I couldn't find it anywhere using English-language search engines. I finally found the website by searching Japanese language only.

Since I also didn't find the website by searching these forums, I am posting the link here so people can find it by searching in the future. I hope it helps some people.

IPPA number search: https://ippa-member.info

Reactions: djlandd01

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
Yes, that site does sometimes come in handy to at least narrow down a search.

yellowvac

Jan 14, 2024
Yes, that site does sometimes come in handy to at least narrow down a search.
Unfortunately this time my number is shared between 5 different studios, so not a lot of help there :D Not sure what their logic was in doing it that way. Anyway, it's good to have all the tools possible at your disposal.

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
The worst one is 010054. That's like 15 studios, including some big ones like S1 and Attackers.

djlandd01

Feb 8, 2022
I just want R18.com back or atleast something like that, its reverse image search was insane. The number of times it was not able to find ID or the actress in my case was almost slim to none. Curses to all the credit card companies for the website's downfall........#$%%@!@ :(

Good share though, it does help a bit, I was initially always annoyed with this number, no use whatsoever(for me).

yellowvac

Jan 14, 2024
I just want R18.com back or atleast something like that, its reverse image search was insane. The number of times it was not able to find ID or the actress in my case was almost slim to none. Curses to all the credit card companies for the website's downfall........#$%%@!@ :(

Good share though, it does help a bit, I was initially always annoyed with this number, no use whatsoever(for me).
I only learned about that reverse image search just after R18 shut down :/ There is an image search on xslist but in my experience it's pretty much useless (maybe it would work for published headshots, but not for screenshots).

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
I never understood why they didn't add that image search to the DMM site, as far as I know R18 was from the same people.

Reactions: djlandd01

djlandd01

Feb 8, 2022
True, everyone has mentioned that to me as well that R18 was made by DMM for the people outside Japan. I have always wondered the same as well why did they not add this.
I never understood why they didn't add that image search to the DMM site, as far as I know R18 was from the same people.

djlandd01

Feb 8, 2022
I only learned about that reverse image search just after R18 shut down :/ There is an image search on xslist but in my experience it's pretty much useless (maybe it would work for published headshots, but not for screenshots).
I found about xlist after I was searching for reliable reverse image search after the R18 shutting down news had broken. Tried it that time and recently, just gives out poor and unreliable results. Other websites offer this service as well but its just bad results no matter what.

R18 was a beast in it, I wonder if we will ever get anything like it or atleast half good as it was :( .