Idols in Newsgroups

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

BudEWiser

Dec 24, 2008
asking for username and password

If you don't know how to use newsgroups research it!
Usually you have to select a provider and pay for an account.
news.astraweb.com carries those groups listed here, and accounts are fairly cheap.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
easynews.com is 7 dollars a month

from2

Dec 29, 2008
If you don't know how to use newsgroups research it!
Usually you have to select a provider and pay for an account.
news.astraweb.com carries those groups listed here, and accounts are fairly cheap.
what do you mean by "select a provider"? more info please.
no need to research when i can get the info directly from you :hero:

BudEWiser

Dec 24, 2008
put a WWW in front of the news.astraweb.com address and you are taken to a usenet provider.
Here is a good read. It would take me 30 pages to explain what usenet is and how to use it because I am a highly technical person.
http://www.newsgroupservers.net/usenet-newsgroup-server-reliability

Read all the sections to the right and you will have a better understanding what usenet is, but they will not teach a usenet newbie how to be safe. That you will have to research on your own.