Help me, how to join *.doc or *.pdf?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Strange, very strange. I've never seen or heard of .doc or .pdf files being split up and joined. I think the person just changed the extension. This looks like a .rar archive to me. Try to change the extension to .rar and see if you can get it to open.
desioner

ba_na_na

Mar 10, 2008
Thanks desioner. I tried some ways to change the extension (ex:rar,zip, 001,avi,wmv...) but I could not get any archieve. Can you download them and help me to join that files.
Thanks again.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
They could only be .rar and with rar there are 2 naming methods. I would recommend trying them both.
1: .part001.rar, .part002.rar, .part003.rar
2: .rar, .r00, .r01, .r02
They are not zip, avi or wmv files. I'm sorry but I'm not going to download and try this. I hate dealing with shit like this.
desioner

tonigobe

Hinata fan
Dec 7, 2006
A split doc and pdf file? That is strange. I haven't checked the files out, but you might also want to try HJSplit.

xhallelujahx

Sep 8, 2008
how to merge .doc and .pdf files

Hi just spent a couple hours figuring this one out. Thank god for google language tools. Files of .doc or .pdf extensions are split using the japanese file archiver BDBZM. Here is an English page on how to use it (there is no english interface):

http://www.freewebs.com/tery5963/BDBZM.htm

The file that goes into field in step #2 should be the LAST file in the archive series, not the first one (BDBZM keeps the archiving data in the last file of the series.) Also, do NOT rename your files, BDBZM will expect them to have .doc or .pdf extensions and will fail if you change them.

xhallelujahx

Sep 8, 2008
miniguide to BDBZM

How to use BDBZM: clarified version by xhallelujahx

1.) Download BDBZM client & extract it into its own folder.

2.) Run BDBZM.exe.

3.) Click the third tab.

4.) For the first text field, click the "..." button and select the LAST FILE in the series.

5.) Click the "..." button for the second field and choose the directory where you would like the finished file to go.

6.) Leave the third text field blank. For the fourth text field, this is where the password goes. Type the password, which is usually the supplier's HN (and since Coyote is the only one, the password is "Coyote").

7.) There are five buttons in the lower right corner. Click the second button (of the 5 buttons, it's in the one in the middle between a button above it and a button below it) to mix the files.

8.) If you are missing a required part, it will be listed in the big text box to the right.

If you are having problems, make sure you supplied the last file in the series and that you didn't rename the extensions of your files (they usually come in *.doc or *.pdf).