HELP! Downloading from DMM.co.jp - Need URL info...

SpermPirate

Jul 24, 2009
Ok, so I got a membership to http://en.dmm.co.jp . I'm trying to download the files, then un-DRM them and reupload them here to share them. The problem is, the download is extremely slow. Like 10-20kb/sec, which takes 10-15 hours for a full movie to download. I have a dedicated server where I could download the entire movie to in about 2 minutes, but their download URL's are enconded, like:

So I can't download them directly to my server. Does anyone know the direct url to the movie files? Like:

They must be located somewhere, I just can't figure out where.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
That's hard to say. If the server performs a simple redirect, you'll be able to grab the videos with wget (if your dedicated server is a linux variant. For windows, you can get wget by installing Cygwin.) If there's some other trickery going on, you might have to sniff your HTTP traffic and figure out how the URL is constructed.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
For these cases I use Orbit Downloader:

http://www.orbitdownloader.com/

The Grab++ tool catches everything normally (even too much sometimes!). Make sure to load the links after you started it.
Works with Youtube, Dailymotion, Nicovideo, etc.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
The encoded URLs are usually to invoke access checking, to make sure your computer (as you have logged in through your browser) has permission to download the file. These typically include stored session cookies, as well as submitting user-agent info (so the server can verify its a "human" downloading the file, not a remote server/robot).

There are any number of PHP scripts that automate remote downloading (from the cookies to logging in remotely to using the necessary user-agent data). If you are comfortable scripting, then that's your answer. If not, the easiest solution may simply be to accept the slow transfer rate.

You may also look up DMM download rules. Since the files are DRMed, they may allow multiple connections to their servers, meaning you could split the download into (for example) 5 concurrent transfers (each 20k/s) to increase your total transfer speed.

Please keep in mind, just because you have a dedicated server does not automatically mean it will have very fast transfers. If your dedicated server is located outside of Japan (while DMM servers are located inside Japan), there may still be some complex routing involved, which could continue to slow down the transfers. And many Japanese download services have been known to block certain IP ranges, meaning your server might not even be able to connect directly to DMM servers.