Find me at 'Cinema Wasteland'

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
This weekend [Friday - Sunday; 3 - 5 October], I will make one of my infrequent public appearances at the Cinema Wasteland Movie & Memorabilia Expo in Strongsville, OH (suburban Cleveland) at the Holiday Inn Select.
Cinema Wasteland is the best "B" and horror movie expo in the entire U.S.A. It is inexpensive, even if you walk up on Friday night and ask for a 3-day pass.
I don't know yet what I will be wearing on each day of the Expo. So I can't give that clue. (I am registered for all three days.) Ask one of the dealers like Andy Copp at Nightcrew Video, the guy manning the Sub Rosa Cinema table [I forgot his name.], or even Don May, Jr. at the Synapse table, "What is Vincent wearing?" Synapse will have a number of Japanese theatrical movies on DVD. Or you might get lucky and find me hanging around David F. Friedman's table a lot.
As a last resort, look at the movie schedule. I'll gravitate to the movies with nudity and/or sex in their descriptions.
I will have some JAVs on my person. They could be trade bait, might be shown as an 'after hours' surprise in someone's hotel room, or could be out-and-out bought.

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
Has a year passed?

I had a very nice time at the Great American Beer Festival™ in Denver, CO. this year.
I was able to obtain a credential to cover the fest; which was nice, and somewhat necessary, because the tickets to all of its sessions sold out three weeks in advance. Besides, when you're a media member, you are invited to any number of free meals, errr, promotional events, away from the Colorado Convention Center, from breweries. I am sorry I forgot to mention this here.

But I made the effort this week because, as I am certain you know, Cinema Wasteland is this weekend in Strongsville, OH.
I should really have a spectacular time. I don't want to stalk Jamie Gillis all three days, but I want to hear what others ask him, and what are his answers. I wonder if I should bring my Alpha Blue VHS videocassette of "Sweet And Sour" - just so people can view the scene where Jamie cooks an omelet. :puzzled: {Probably not.}
But of more interest to those of you browsing this: Yes, I shall bring Japanese Adult Videos. I will be more concentrated this time. I anticipate having two bags of DVDs. One having the AVs I will be seeking to swap for DVDs of “vintage” erotic movies (explicit or softcore); and the second having the AVs that would cause jaws to drop on the people in the room watching it. :snicker2:
The list(s) of the AVs I have obtained are in other post(s) on here. Search the forum for "tokyo", and you should find those posts. Leave me a message here, or send me an E-Mail, if you are attending Cinema Wasteland [Hey - It will cost more now ~ but it isn't sold out.], and you espy any title in which you are interested, leave me a message here, or send me an E-Mail, with it.
All the DVDs have cases now. So it isn't that I'll reach into one envelope, pull out the DVD, and reach into another envelope and pull out the box cover and inserts.
I am staying at the Holiday Inn. I will have a rental car. I have tentative plans to go to the Cornerstone Brwy. in Berea on Saturday night, and to the Brew Kettle in Strongsville as the exposition wraps up on Sunday afternoon. (Why the Brew Kettle doesn't send its passenger van to and from the Holiday Inn on two-hour intervals on Saturday & Sunday is a deep mystery.)
I'll raise a beer for you too, if you're unable to make it this time. But you should clear out your schedule for the next one in April 2010.

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
Rhinosaur said:
Isn't that an oxymoron?
LOL. Okay Rhino, be nice. LOL

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
I jest! ;-D

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
What I obtained

Since none of the DVDs I obtained at Cinema Wasteland were Asian, I won't splice in the list here on A-O.
But if you want to know what they were, I remark about them on this forum post. :casual:
{I must use color to distinguish where is the link.}

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
You should see me.

I am going to be at Cinema Wasteland in Strongsville, OH. this weekend. :hi:
Yes, I'll have JAVs with me. Plus, I'm bringing a portable all-region DVD player which can be used if necessary to play them. (It's a great player from iView, and it cost less than $20.)
Since none of you know what I look like, you'll have to ask somebody in the dealers' room. Try Bill Zebub, or Larry (Video Traders - he is usually in the second row as you enter the room from the Holiday Inn check-in desk.). Ask what Vincent is wearing. :joker:
I'll have good beers bought at Heinen's in Strongsville as well. :virtuous:
There has been one attractive female cosplayer appearing here the last few times. You might even have an idea of how she dresses if you see my avatar at another movie forum mentioned in this thread.