DMM - Sales Rankings - Year 2023 (update)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Tokyoboy77

Sep 6, 2023
I don't know if people here are interested into knowing which titles sell well or not. I understand that DMM is not accessible for those who are not in Japan, so I do this thread to give general idea.
Daily an Weekly rankings are not super interesting, because the volumes sold are not huge. So to start, I put ranking for the first half of 2023 !

And the winner for the first six months of 2023 : 森咲智美 !
If I look at the popular ones from this forum, it has been not a good first half of year at all, compared to 2022.

香月杏珠 (Anju) classified 87.
近藤あさみ (Asami) classified 94 and 100.
高梨あい (Ai) not classified.

That is maybe why now Asami is almost doing thong in her last DVD (chapter 6) ! We will see how it is classified in couple weeks for the second half of 2023 !

cl1.png

Tokyoboy77

Sep 6, 2023
And here are the DMM sales for the whole Year 2023 ! This time I put the top 10 as screenshot ! If I look at the popular ones from this forum, what can we say about 2023 as a whole ?

香月杏珠 (Anju) did 3 DVDs in 2023: None appears in the Top 100.
  • ニーハイコレクション ~新章~(BFAA-087) is not classified.
  • ふれたいおなか (BFAA-091) is 87th of the first semester, but is not in the Top 100.
  • 乙女のはにかみ (BFAA-096) is 62th of the second semester, but is not in the Top 100.
=> In 2022, she had 3 DVDs in the Top 100 (26th / 42th and 99th), so for her 2023 was not a good year at all.

近藤あさみ (Asami) did 5 DVDs in 2023: None appears in the Top 100.
  • あさみ日和 ~新章~ part3 (BFAA-088) : 100th of the first semester.
  • あさみのしず (BFAA-092) : 94th of the first semester.
  • ゆったり (BFAA-094) ended 97th of the second semester.
  • あさみについて(BFAA-098) ended 92th of the second semester.
=> In 2022, she had 1 DVDs in the Top 100 (41th), so for her 2023 was not a good year too. Her semester results have been bad too vs 2022 (she had one title as high as 35th in the first semester of 2022).

柏木さりな (Sarina) not classified, but her first title ended 88th of the second semester of 2023.

On the Tiktok delivery today, both Asami and Sarina said they do not have planned shootings for now. Asami still has at least one shooting done and not released. It would not be surprising that she keeps exposing more, in the continuity of the last 2 DVDs.
If you have a specific title or model you'd like me to check, just ask (as i know many do not have access to DMM).

1705244565098.png

Last edited:

feralman

Mar 24, 2007
I don't know if people here are interested into knowing which titles sell well or not. I understand that DMM is not accessible for those who are not in Japan, so I do this thread to give general idea.
Daily an Weekly rankings are not super interesting, because the volumes sold are not huge. So to start, I put ranking for the first half of 2023 !

And the winner for the first six months of 2023 : 森咲智美 !
If I look at the popular ones from this forum, it has been not a good first half of year at all, compared to 2022.

香月杏珠 (Anju) classified 87.
近藤あさみ (Asami) classified 94 and 100.

That is maybe why now Asami is almost doing thong in her last DVD (chapter 6) ! We will see how it is classified in couple weeks for the second half of 2023 !

View attachment 3396240
Looking at the bodies of the models who sold best, we can see why Anju, Asami and Ai didn't rank.

Death Metal

Burning Knuckle
Jan 9, 2007
Yeah and I'm not too surprised. Face has been basically putting them in the same video for the past couple of years with minimal changes between them. I would be more surprised if consumers/fans just didn't get a bit tired eventually.

petardinho

Jan 5, 2010
i check from time to time on 5ch forums about the girls and the common complaints from the fans is that the dvd's are quiet repetitive (same poses, almost same wardrobe , same thematic) per example they say because of Asami's age, she should do more risky outfits and poses but instead act too conservative, in the case of Anju they saw a big improve on BFAA-085 but then BFAA-087 was a downgrade, again 091 was great but then 098 was so so, so its more about the inconsistencies in the releases and this contribute in lower sales, they are hoping on sarina to change this but now that she say she dont have shootings scheduled and been a freelancer its quiet difficult to see consecutive launches from her. BFAA-100 seems to have good sales (got like 5 days in a row as #1 on DMM). we need to wait if new models that graduate from JK this year (Eyu) got releases too for this year.

Tokyoboy77

Sep 6, 2023
i check from time to time on 5ch forums about the girls and the common complaints from the fans is that the dvd's are quiet repetitive (same poses, almost same wardrobe , same thematic) per example they say because of Asami's age, she should do more risky outfits and poses but instead act too conservative, in the case of Anju they saw a big improve on BFAA-085 but then BFAA-087 was a downgrade, again 091 was great but then 098 was so so, so its more about the inconsistencies in the releases and this contribute in lower sales, they are hoping on sarina to change this but now that she say she dont have shootings scheduled and been a freelancer its quiet difficult to see consecutive launches from her. BFAA-100 seems to have good sales (got like 5 days in a row as #1 on DMM). we need to wait if new models that graduate from JK this year (Eyu) got releases too for this year.
On the last DVD from Asami, you pay almost 4000 yens to watch her eating for 14 minutes and sleeping for 5. You really need to be motivated. There are still good chapters tough. The other issues with Asami is that we don't really know what she wants, she can be very contradicted sometimes. And since 2021 she has shown many signs of mental unstability. Some fans are also afraid that the next DVD, which was recorded a long time ago, will have even less exposure.

On the other hand Anju seems more clear on what she wants, and she is younger. She has suffered from all her health issues, but she seems more solid from a mental perspective, and she knows how to manage SNS. Now ready to get the BFAA-100 !!! Anju did a very good job at promoting it. We have lots of hopes !

Mancinisos

Dec 12, 2019
And here are the DMM sales for the whole Year 2023 ! This time I put the top 10 as screenshot ! If I look at the popular ones from this forum, what can we say about 2023 as a whole ?

香月杏珠 (Anju) did 3 DVDs in 2023: None appears in the Top 100.
  • ニーハイコレクション ~新章~(BFAA-087) is not classified.
  • ふれたいおなか (BFAA-091) is 87th of the first semester, but is not in the Top 100.
  • 乙女のはにかみ (BFAA-096) is 62th of the second semester, but is not in the Top 100.
=> In 2022, she had 3 DVDs in the Top 100 (26th / 42th and 99th), so for her 2023 was not a good year at all.

近藤あさみ (Asami) did 5 DVDs in 2023: None appears in the Top 100.
  • あさみ日和 ~新章~ part3 (BFAA-088) : 100th of the first semester.
  • あさみのしず (BFAA-092) : 94th of the first semester.
  • ゆったり (BFAA-094) ended 97th of the second semester.
  • あさみについて(BFAA-098) ended 92th of the second semester.
=> In 2022, she had 1 DVDs in the Top 100 (41th), so for her 2023 was not a good year too. Her semester results have been bad too vs 2022 (she had one title as high as 35th in the first semester of 2022).

柏木さりな (Sarina) not classified, but her first title ended 88th of the second semester of 2023.

On the Tiktok delivery today, both Asami and Sarina said they do not have planned shootings for now. Asami still has at least one shooting done and not released. It would not be surprising that she keeps exposing more, in the continuity of the last 2 DVDs.
If you have a specific title or model you'd like me to check, just ask (as i know many do not have access to DMM).

View attachment 3413430
Asami once said she is never going to expose more, and her videos over the last few years prove that, they are boring to a point and I think only loyal fans buy them

Reactions: Tokyoboy77

Mancinisos

Dec 12, 2019
On the last DVD from Asami, you pay almost 4000 yens to watch her eating for 14 minutes and sleeping for 5. You really need to be motivated. There are still good chapters tough. The other issues with Asami is that we don't really know what she wants, she can be very contradicted sometimes. And since 2021 she has shown many signs of mental unstability. Some fans are also afraid that the next DVD, which was recorded a long time ago, will have even less exposure.

On the other hand Anju seems more clear on what she wants, and she is younger. She has suffered from all her health issues, but she seems more solid from a mental perspective, and she knows how to manage SNS. Now ready to get the BFAA-100 !!! Anju did a very good job at promoting it. We have lots of hopes !
That chapter was the worst I have seen from her, I honestly don't know is there any fan of her enjoy that part? I am afraid she is going to retire from gravure soon, and I doubt she is mentally stable as you pointed out, she has been deleting many of her tweets especially those that contained her wearing 'ero' outfits, and I don't see her promoting her works much

Reactions: Tokyoboy77