Announcing Hokkai-Do (Japan) #7: 19-21 April 2019.

Will you attend Hokkai-Do (Japan) #7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
I start another thread on this topic.
Do you want to go to Japan, but you're tremulous about going somewhere where you do not know anybody?
Consider this your engraved invitation to get there and be plunged into it accompanied by travelers who have been there before.
Start saving your dollars (or yen) for Flyertalk forum's Hokkai-Do (Japan) #7 - Sapporo. It will occur 19 - 21 April 2019. If you get to Sapporo earlier, there will be a night of cocktails on Thursday, the 18th.
This is the first Japan Do in Sapporo. It will be more expensive than prior Japan Dos because there are not many direct flights from North America to Sapporo. You will reasonably have to fly to Tokyo, and there investigate the method to get to Sapporo.
You should sign up for the Flyertalk forum. Perhaps you may opt for a different username there. {I am registered there under my above-ground username.}
Details are still in flux. The centerpiece of the weekend is a group dinner on Friday or Saturday. The dinner is payable in advance. There is a registration fee, which also needs to be paid in advance. But it is not pricey.

For everybody's communication, there is a poll above.
The outcome is public. You can change your vote.

Steve81

Dec 2, 2018
Hello, Sounds interesting. I have not head of a "do" before, the focus is to explore local sites? Will you go?

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
Sadly, I could not get an inexpensive flight from North America to Japan. Then I would have had to add in more money to get from Tokyo to Sapporo. So I am not going on this Do.
But I shall attempt to get to Japan sometime in 2019.