Akiba-Onlines' Recipe Exchange

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I just thought some might be interested in sharing their recipes here, we all got to eat right?

I guess I can get this started with one of my patented Ceewans' Po' Boys Recipes. Nothing special really, just what I cook at home.

Ceewans' Po Boys Rice

You need:
one 6 quart pot (I use Stainless, can't beat it) with lid.
An egg timer (although any timer will do but use one, nothing is worse than over or undercooked rice).

Add 2cups of water
a sprinkle of salt
Shake in some crushed Red Peppers liberally (if you don't like spicy then omit this step)
Bring to a boil

Add:
1 cup White Rice (don't pre-rinse enriched rice please)
1 tablespoon of butter (if you can afford it buy it) or margarine
1 raw egg (without the shell of course)
1/4 cup of chopped onions (any onions but red)

Optional (if you got it):
1/2 cup to a cup of chopped or pulled chicken (you can add a little more but not too much)
1/4 to 1/2 cup of chopped or sliced fresh mushrooms (the canned ones got no flavor)

Mix well (make sure to break up the egg yoke)
as soon as it starts to boil reduce heat to low cover and let simmer for 20 minutes. Then remove the pot of rice from heat, uncover, stir well and let stand for 10 to 15 minutes (this really makes a difference as it gives the rice a chance to soak up any left over moisture). Eat and enjoy.

That is it. Please share your recipes here with us (nothing to fancy, all of us aren't rich ya know).

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Sad to say I haven't gotten much interest in this thread. That is what I get for sharing a rice recipe with people who use a rice cooker.

Ceewans' Po Boys Country Fries

Items needed:

3 medium potatoes (baking potatoes, any type)
1 cup of diced onions (or to taste)
12 inch skillet
Salt and pepper
Vegetable Oil (margarine is acceptable)

Wash and scrub your potatoes (no soap! use a brush or your hand to scrub). Personally I like to cut my potatoes in half then cut the halves in half, then slice them fairly thin into chip size.

Pour enough oil into the skillet to cover the bottom. Heat the burner to medium-high and add your potatoes. Salt and pepper well. Turn and mix the potatoes every four to five minutes (not very hard but important to brown and cook evenly, this recipe takes patience). About half way through (around 20-25 minutes) add your onions and continue to turn as before until potatoes are somewhat nice and brown. Serve (there may be oil left over in your skillet, be careful not to add it to your plate).

Simple recipes are the best (and cheapest). If you want to make this into something even more unhealthy and delicious, put the potatoes into something oven safe and add shredded cheese (cheddar is better). Put that into a hot oven until the cheese melts and remove to serve.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
oh damn all those accurate measurements (I myself judge it or see what I have left, yesterdays meal)

a kind of hash browns with a Kevin style twist, with turkey

ingredients
potato's
peas
onion
tomato's
turkey (this time pre-cooked)
olive oil (not popeye's)
pickled red cabbage (in a jar and bought)

the making (as much as you like depending on how hungry or greedy you are)
peel & wash potato's then boil
wash peas add to the potato's
cook until soft

prepare the
onion, tomato's and turkey cut up in small chunks various sizes (makes for different variety on the fork and tastes)

once the peas potatoes are cooked drain off the water then mash together, (you can add your favourite sauce myself a few drops of Worcestershire)

now for the cooking
using a sauté pan, heat it up first with the olive oil

then add the cut onions of various sizes again for taste until starting to go brown
then add the mashed potatoes and peas and fry together whilst the bottom is going brown add the tomato's and turkey and mix in well
cook for 10 minutes stirring every couple of minutes to get a crunchy base
and finally add the pickled red cabbage about a minute or 2 before the end (need to keep its crunchiness)

and serve on a hot plate, then enjoy

wow it took me longer to type this than cook my dinner