7 Most Peaceful Countries in the World.

Javvee

Aug 29, 2013
1. Denmark

Denmark2.jpg

Denmark tops the list of the most peaceful countries on Earth since it’s really a safe place to live.

Even while Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark, was under occupation by the Nazis during the World
War II, it still did not fight. The point is that people living in Denmark prefer to focus on economic
matters, instead of involving themselves in various armed conflicts.

Danish people are very friendly, open and helpful. Personally I have been to Copenhagen twice and I
wish I lived in this country. I’m pretty sure that those who have been to Denmark at least once could
say the same.

2. Norway

Norway2.jpg

Many people do not expect Norway to appear in the list of the most peaceful countries in the world.
Perhaps, this is because of Anders Behring Breivik, mass murderer, who hit the pride of the country
hard. Sure, it was an extraordinary incident, but according to the Global Peace Index Norway is one
of the world’s most peaceful countries and friendly and safe place to live.

Norway is the country with the highest level of human development in the globe, plus the
government of Oslo always places peace at the forefront of the priorities of the country.

3. Sweden

Sweden1.jpg

One of the most beautiful Scandinavian countries, Sweden is located in the far north of Europe. Although
Sweden is one of the biggest weapon exporters in Europe, the country has a low level of robberies
(only 9,000 a year) compared to the United States (about 350,000 a year) !!!.

According to the Global Peace Index, Sweden is one of the most peaceful countries in the world, in spite
of the fact that it’s among the world’s top arms exporters. Besides, Sweden has not been to war and has
not participated in any combats for the whole 2 centuries.

4. Singapore

Singapore1.jpg

As an active member of the international community and, overall, a small nation, Singapore can never
take its right to exist and security for granted. Since achieving its independence in 1965 as a sovereign
Republic, Singapore has always concentrated on being a great neighbor, through establishing social
peaceful, economic, cordial political relations with all countries.

The country has worked with the United Nations and its supporting agencies on a great variety of efforts.
It also participates in various global, unilateral and multilateral organizations to promote international
cooperation, including WTO (World Trade Organization). Singapore is among the most peaceful countries
in the world as well as one of the world’s wealthiest countries. The homicide and violent crime rates are
lower than the criminal rates.

5. Japan

Japan1.jpg

One of the most enchanting countries culturally, Japan has the third largest economy in the world. Since the
World War II, Japan has been really peaceful, with little internal conflict and low crime. Moreover, the country
maintains cordial relations with its neighbors. Japan has not had a professional military since the end of WWII.

The country settles on an internal security force in order to maintain the peace. Personally I enjoy visiting Japan
and I also consider this country to be peaceful as well as breathtakingly beautiful.

6. Australia

Australia.jpg

Australia is a beautiful and peaceful country that offers cultural diversity, spectacular beaches, loads of breathtaking
natural beauty, wonderful fauna and friendly people with an amazing sense of humor. Although Australia is a large
country, approximately the same size as the USA, it has a small population of about 20 million, so there’s a lot of
uninhabited space worth visiting.

Australia’s low crime rate, stable political system, high standards of health care and well-maintained roads make it
a safe and comparatively easy country to live in or just to explore.

7. New Zealand

New-Zealand1.jpg

Each year since 2007, the Institute for Economics and Peace has ranked New Zealand as one of the most peaceful
countries in the world. With a small percentage of its population in prison, limited military capability, strong relations
with Australia and down-to-earth hospitality, New Zealand is a wonderful country to live in. This is a country of
natural beauty, diverse scenery and quirky natives.

Visitors from all over the world come to New Zealand to experience rugged landscape, breathtaking alpine glaciers
awesome beaches and fantastic geothermal and volcanic activity. The country is also renowned for its fine wines and
there are a great number of grape varieties planted throughout New Zealand. So if you are a great wine lover, you
should definitely visit New Zealand at least once in life.

Regards.