Sync issues.

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
I don't to attempt the impossible and believe me I search for a good copy of JKH-011 to no avail.
The problem is audio and video. The audio seems to come 10-12 seconds before.
I am using aegisub. Can this be fix? Any clues?

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
If the delay is in the video file(present when you play it with a video player), you can fix it by putting everything in an mkv and setting a delay for the audio track with mkvtoolnix:
Delay_audio.jpg
Or you can extract the audio, re-encode it by joining some silence at the beginning until it's fixed and put it back with the video, but that's more complicated to do, will incur a slight quality loss due to extra compression and the solution above works just as well for 99% of the cases.

If you mean that it's fine in a video player but not once it's in aegisub, then that means there is a delay set in the current container and when you remove the audio from the video to put it in aegisub(it works with uncompressed audio so it has to do that and that would be a 1% scenario that I mentioned above), it can't read that delay anymore.
You basically just have to adjust the sub to the aegisub audio, work on it and then add a delay back to match with the video file.

Reactions: Taako

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
If the delay is in the video file(present when you play it with a video player), you can fix it by putting everything in an mkv and setting a delay for the audio track with mkvtoolnix:
View attachment 3262361
This is the issue. It's in the video file. I will try this:)
Or you can extract the audio, re-encode it by joining some silence at the beginning until it's fixed and put it back with the video, but that's more complicated to do, will incur a slight quality loss due to extra compression and the solution above works just as well for 99% of the cases.
This did occur to me. Honestly I wouldn't go through the trouble.
If you mean that it's fine in a video player but not once it's in aegisub, then that means there is a delay set in the current container and when you remove the audio from the video to put it in aegisub(it works with uncompressed audio so it has to do that and that would be a 1% scenario that I mentioned above), it can't read that delay anymore.
You basically just have to adjust the sub to the aegisub audio, work on it and then add a delay back to match with the video file.
Thank you so much. I'll let u know which work lol

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
View attachment 3262361
I appreciate your help. Thank you again @SamKook
Although MKVTOOLNIX might had work ...because I tried it to no avail(I made over 10 copies of the file)and it was just so many trial and error that I went online again and found a quicker and easier solution for my myself:)

I found that using the media player VLC and Avidemux to work for me.
VLC really made syncing easy with the J,K buttons and Avidemux quickly saved it.

How to Sync Audio in VLC + Save it 2022​

Last edited:
Reactions: SamKook

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Guess I could have said to figure out the sync delay first with a video player since most can adjust delay on the fly and then put that delay in mkvtoolnix... did not think to mention that.

Reactions: Taako

Taako

Akiba Citizen
May 25, 2017
Guess I could have said to figure out the sync delay first with a video player since most can adjust delay on the fly and then put that delay in mkvtoolnix... did not think to mention that.
No problem. Your suggestions and advices have always been very helpful for me.
I was using mkvtoolnix but it was harder to find the best place to sync it by itself.
So now their many options everyone can use if they have sync issues too. :p

Reactions: CoolKevin