Cell how to open one in Windows 10

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

pavane

Feb 8, 2010
Hi
I am trying to install Whisper. Found a very good step by step guide for installing.
That is until I got to this instruction 'paste and copy this link into a cell'.
Whats a cell? How do I open one? I have never heard of one before.
Please reply with relatively detailed instructions. I know the basics like copy
and paste etc but this cell business is new to me.
Thanks.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
That's not a windows, git or python thing(which is all you need to install basic whisper) so without being able to look at the tutorial, I can't tell you what they mean by that.

pavane

Feb 8, 2010
Here is a paragraph from the installer details.
The paragraph that confuses me is the the one starting 'install it' and paste following ling in a cell.
Its the paste in a cell instruction is the problem. What cell and where is the cell?

Now we can install Whisper. (You can also check install instructions in the official Github repository).

To install it just paste the following lines in a cell. To run the commands click the play button at the left of the cell or press Ctrl + Enter. The install process should take 1-2 minutes.

!pip install git+https://github.com/openai/whisper.git
!sudo apt update && sudo apt install ffmpeg
Note: We’re prefixing every command with ! because that’s how Google Colabs works when using shell scripts, instead of Python. If you’re using Whisper on your computer, in a terminal, then don’t use the ! at the beginning of the line.

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Ah, installing it on google colab instead of your computer is a different thing. It has boxes(or cell) where you can enter commands to be run for each steps.

On your pc, you'd use a command prompt instead.

The collab also uses linux so the commands might be different on windows. Probably not the best tutorial to follow, depending on what you wanna do.