Discussion about DMM website

TheSpruceMoose

May 12, 2024
Wow, they're even restricting user accounts now? Lately I noted that DMM has been blocking a lot of VPN users who try to bypass geo-blocking, which has killed the ability to stream titles. Has anyone else been blocked?

So far I've been able to backup my titles by using the Patreon version of Jav-It, in conjunction with the local *.DCV file decrypt feature. Seems like they don't really interfere with downloading, so it's a lot easier to just download the encrypted title and decode it locally.

Edit: Some VPNs I've heard being reported as being blocked were Nord VPN, and Express VPN. Some smaller VPNS seem to kinda work, but it seems like all the big players are being geo-banned, even if you set your endpoint to Japan.

Reactions: javr

chosun

Oct 23, 2008
Lately, streaming speeds have been ass on DMM for me, anyone else have this particular problem? Just checked with speedtest and my bandwidth is 400 Mbps for DLs. I wonder if they are throttling non-JP IPs.

EDIT: As of today, it seems that non-JP IPs cannot even view the digital video section. Yup, it appears that the geo-block is in full effect.

Last edited:

dheophe

Apr 21, 2008
Wow, they're even restricting user accounts now? Lately I noted that DMM has been blocking a lot of VPN users who try to bypass geo-blocking, which has killed the ability to stream titles. Has anyone else been blocked?

So far I've been able to backup my titles by using the Patreon version of Jav-It, in conjunction with the local *.DCV file decrypt feature. Seems like they don't really interfere with downloading, so it's a lot easier to just download the encrypted title and decode it locally.

Edit: Some VPNs I've heard being reported as being blocked were Nord VPN, and Express VPN. Some smaller VPNS seem to kinda work, but it seems like all the big players are being geo-banned, even if you set your endpoint to Japan.
Mine too, starting today. I plan to use Surfshark VPN. Hope it works.

Last edited:

dheophe

Apr 21, 2008
Anyone has tried suika VPN? Based on below tweet it was work.
GA4HolTbIAACdT6

blind51de

Jun 24, 2010
Months ago they stopped letting foreign IPs click anything on the AV pages, but I had no idea they'd even restrict access to the app as well. This is totally fucked. I PAID FOR THESE MOVIES.
Any information on success regaining access to the app with minimal cost would be greatly appreciated.

dheophe

Apr 21, 2008
I don't understand why they done it. Other distribution like mgstage have no similar restriction.

AceRothstein

Jul 13, 2019
Months ago they stopped letting foreign IPs click anything on the AV pages, but I had no idea they'd even restrict access to the app as well. This is totally fucked. I PAID FOR THESE MOVIES.
Any information on success regaining access to the app with minimal cost would be greatly appreciated.

Based on recent interaction with their site, they seem to be experimenting with different traffic policies or something. A week ago I was shut out, but inexplicably everything back to normal, give it another try, maybe will work for you too.