Why are thigh and knee highs so attractive..so much more than tights?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

zaldar

Sep 15, 2008
So been thinking about this for awhile, since for me thigh and knee highs have always been more attractive on females than tights. Something that for awhile I didn't really understand. I expect these were developed since they used less fabric and were easier to make than tights but now they are worn since men find them more attractive.

Not sure but I expect it has to do with anticipation..a knee or thigh high you can get a glimpse of bare skin at times when they move, sit ect. This gives it an air of seeing something you are not supposed to see that isn't present otherwise makes you think more about the rest that you can't see more.

At least that is the story I am going to stick to....:perfectplan:

E-raven

Mar 26, 2009
lol
I find just about every single king of stocking sexy on a female, except fish nets

Reactions: erochichi2

porkar

Apr 2, 2007
I don't mind fishnets, especially when they have something 'fishy' just above them.

RiderFan

Your fetish friend.
Sep 27, 2008
Well, everyone has their own tastes. You can have all the thighhighs, stockings, and knee highs you want and I wish you much happiness from them. I'll be over here with the pantyhose and tights pictures.

egrrr

Sep 4, 2008
agreed, to each his own. it doesn't matter what the difference is between stockings, knee highs or thigh highs as long as you get what you like.

RiderFan

Your fetish friend.
Sep 27, 2008
agreed, to each his own. it doesn't matter what the difference is between stockings, knee highs or thigh highs as long as you get what you like.

But we all have one thing in common:
We love legs.

Sami1977

Mar 4, 2009
Fishnets, noooo thanks! But pantyhose (of any color) get me very excited :perfectplan: For some reason I like japanese legs the best.

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
Thigh highs completely spin my wheels but not a big fan of fishnets and granny pantyhose!

manbus

Jul 6, 2009
i don't like fish net. i don't find it sexy.
but i agree with thigh and knee highs :)

hawkebay

Jul 26, 2009
as a fan of feet in nylons, i am totally agree with you.i prefer kneehighs than stockings if i have to choose one of it, because kneehighs keep their shapes on legs better than stockings.my opinion is the garterbelt has to be used with stockings allways.

Oct 6, 2007
I love black knee/thigh highs, especially on thin legs. I have no idea what the attraction is but the style seems to be dying down in Vancouver over the past year...how unfortunate.

mealtimeshadow

May 31, 2016
There's a specific term for thigh high stockings and knee high socks, paired with short skirts.
"Zettai Ryouiki." 絶対領域 (Absolute Territory)
It's kind of a play on words after AT Field (Absolute Terror Field), from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Do a google search for Zettai Ryouiki, and you'll find a lot of images and diagrams to illustrate the point.
In a way, the effect is something sexually enticing, short of woman wearing lingerie in public.

yesmissy

Jul 27, 2016
My boyfriend says it's because thigh highs hint more at where the legs are leading to. And also because it leaves me accessible to him. If I'm wearing a skirt and thigh highs then he doesn't need to do anything but flip up my skirt and he's got full access. :p

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
Well we are still conditioned to think that exposing the thigh is sexually provocative. Like the cleavage. It's allowed (legal) to show it,but it's a choice made by the woman, to expose and to invite attention, to invite staring, to cause bulging of the crotch. I am talking about public situation of course. In private, I have not so much interest in lingerie. I think a woman who's showing her thighs and/or cleavage should be very disappointed if men (and even women) don't at least take a long peek. Personally I make it a point to stare, as compliment and appreciation for her contribution to public wellness.

Short skirt is sexier than pants, no matter the length, that's obvious enough. But adding long socks or thigh high stockings really push the sexiness way up, despite covering a lot more skin then bare legs. The reason is that if a lady wear short skirts (mini-skirts) with bare legs she's just radiating sexiness, just a step or two away from nudity, great! But adding the stockings that covers most of the legs but expose a few inches of thighs (絶対領域 Absolute Territory), that reminds me this was actually inappropriate, un-lady-like. A lady would wear pantyhose or stockings higher than the hem line. Showing Absolute Territory is breaking an unofficial rule, she's telling everyone "I'm supposed to cover myself, but here's some skin for your titillation!"

Garter belts is absolutely best. Modern women don't like garter belts because of the hassle but thigh stocking is either loose (see below) or if it's tight, restrict blood flow and leave an ugly depression on the skin when you (inevitably) take them off. Garter belts keep them straight and beautiful but when taken off, leave the legs in pristine conditions.

Of course the proper way to wear garter belt is to thread the belts under the panty, which is super sexy, since you can get complete access without disturbing the garter belts and stockings. Which says... she's ready ANYTIME, (maybe with anyone too) just find a quiet side alley, or behind the counter, or even behind the wedding cake, just a quickie and she's ready to return to the party and act proper as if nothing happened.

So, exposing the garter belts is the absolute most sexy way to show some undergarment. Face it, bra strap is totally not sexy. Showing panty at the waist line, also no. Showing panty from below is only acceptable during a gust, climbing stairs or some kind of peekaboo situation, to show undergarment in public, only stocking and garter belts, no other choice!