Sure Akiba-Online is great and all...

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

baka324

O-Overdrive
Feb 28, 2007
But does anybody else out there find themselves downloading so much "NSFW" related material to the point where half the HDD space is gone in a week...
In the end my computer probably crashes before I can even go through all the material.

I feel like a douche.... :innocence:

maby652

Jan 13, 2007
douche? I think I have that in the japanese HC directory......

and no, I don't d/l so much.. hard drives are cheap, and i'm paying for the bandwidth anyways!!!!
yippeee!!!

baka324

O-Overdrive
Feb 28, 2007
Hehe, it's a shame that i can't fit anymore HDD's in my desktop and my laptop is also out of space.

(May my Primary desktop HDD RIP :abandoned: )

Tamichi

Local Psychopath
Jan 24, 2007
i just swap out my slave drives when I want something else, resulting in my owning 7 different harddrives, and a whole lot of confusion, it's a bit crude i know, i'm in the process of putting any videos on DVDs which will allow me to get rid of atleast two of the harddrives

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
^ I might have to do the same as you. I have 4 hard drives and can't fit anymore in my desktop pc. Burning to DVD helps but when you have > 1TB of "stuff", you need a lot of dvd's since hd-dvd burners are way over my budget. =0

External HD's would do the trick but I'm wary of the user reviews I've read about them failing.

Sasukeden

Nin Nin ! ! !
Mar 3, 2007
Good thing im a bit picky on what I DL though... But I am thinking on buying a new HDD...

Valkyrie

Mar 12, 2007
I have around 100GB of hentai, a lot of doujins and hentai anime. I really need to put it all on DVD to save space but i guess its my flat for letting it build up.

Tamichi

Local Psychopath
Jan 24, 2007
Actually the swapping of HDDs doesn't work too efficently. I'm trying to get a junked PC from someone to fix and use for myself so I could perhaps network them together and just make the second PC act like a server, dishing up all my videos and manga over my LAN.

DVD burners really aren't that expensive, I got a lightscribe at bestbuy for $50. It's one of those ones where if you get the lightscribe dvds you can flip them over and have the burner draw diskart on. Though I haven't tried this yet because of the cost of lightscribe DVDs.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
I see, I just bought a lite-on dual layer burner for dirt cheap but it takes time to burn and label everything. I'm a little leery of getting an external hard drive but maybe I'm just being paranoid. Just can't stand the thought of a hard drive working one day then failing the next day for no readily apparent reason.

I'll probably just get a bigger internal hard drive (all of mine are 300gb) and throw my old hard drive onto my bro's comp ;)

akibakenji

Akiba Kei
Mar 25, 2007
YES! >_< I have a 160 GB HDD, and there's only like 8 gb left. I've already got a backlog of anime/J-pop PV's/J-drama to watch, and now I have to worry about IV's and everything else. It's gonna take me years to finish viewing this stuff. -_-;

baka324

O-Overdrive
Feb 28, 2007
Haha, I feel 'ya.
When I see anime, hentai, doujin, games, etc. I can't help but download it :crash:

Leechasd

Eye of The Beholder
Nov 16, 2006
I pick and choose what to download to conserve hdd space. Only the really interesting or rare I download (being it cute/hot also)

baka324

O-Overdrive
Feb 28, 2007
Update, My computer got fixed and I filled up about 90gb of it (out of 120). Looks like I did it again. :exhausted:

Problem with it is that artwork always lures me in. T_T

I wish I was more like you Leechasd HAHA.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
I use Folder Sizes to see what's taking up space and mass delete stuff I don't need or want anymore.
Seems to work just fine, especially if you've got everything organized.
Also, be very careful with what you wish for..

chaingunder

Apr 7, 2007
ha ha ha, yeah. im thinking to buy a new hd, since my 500gb cant hold all of the h stuff. even though im trying to be picky but can't help to see those innocent faces and store them in the harddisk.