Shared gender nude hot springs

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Trollbeater

Robin Hood of U15 Torrent
Jan 6, 2009
Hello,

I have heard that there are many hot springs in Japan that are nude. I have also heard that some of those are for both men and women. That is, men and women go nude in the same facility. In fact, that is the traditional way to use a hot spring.

Is that true? Do families go there?

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
There's a tall divider in the middle, one side is for males, the other side for females. You can still talk to each other over the "fence", but no peeking. There might be some exceptions to this (and certainly if you rent a private onsen you can do whatever you like), but if you're a guy you'll probably just see a lot of Japanese penises and not too much else.

Axandra

Jul 7, 2008
guy is 100% correct.
I greatly enjoy onsen and been to many such public hot springs. With one exception - that I can interpret now as darn rare luck* - I've never encountered a mixed gender one. I've heard about renting one for "parties", especially around holidays, but that of course is different.

________
* This place in Wakayama wasn't a mixed one either, but she and I happened to visit it late in the night, right before closing time, and we were granted access together to the small outside bath. Seized the chance for some play, of course. ;)

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Thought I'd add in here that at the Sanshiro hotel and onsen close to Izu, you have two options for a spring. You can enter a gender separated spring or their mixed spring as well. My ex's family and I went a few times and it's a gorgeous place.

spam_stuff

Oct 23, 2008
First of all, one always bathes naked in the onsen. I don't think this is so particular to Japan; in my experience, North-Americans are just less used to undressing even among others of their own gender. When showing an onsen with people (in adverts, on television, etc.) women are, however, covered in towels.

Secondly, most onsens are split in two for women and men, as guy mentioned, with a wall/separator. Shared gender pools are few. One can, however, get family rooms in some larger onsens. I was once in a ryokan where they had a private onsen room which was still big enough for a small family.

risbo

Feb 27, 2009
I never been to a nude spring but i have been a couple of time to the nudist beach. the first time was strange but i got use to it. The only problem was that first time of my visit that my penis was up :XD: because all the naked girls :perfectplan:

daredemonai

Retiree
Mar 19, 2009
I strongly recommend the mixed-gender onsen...if you're a gerontophile. :snicker: There you will find men of various ages hoping to get a look at some pretty young thing, and a handful of women over the age of 80 who couldn't care less who sees them naked, and may also be hoping to see some pretty young guys. :evillaugh:

By the way, even in the single-sex onsen, you will find that almost everyone--particularly women--use the small hand towels to discreetly cover themselves. Japanese women (and girls) tend to be modest about their nudity even when there are no males around. :dunno: