Share over a VPN

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Trollbeater

Robin Hood of U15 Torrent
Jan 6, 2009
Hello,

I am trying to run Share over my VPN. The global IP address is resolved to the faked IP address of my VPN but then it gets disconnected from Share due to a port error. Share works perfectly with the VPN though. Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

bfvogel

Lover? Fighter? Neither!!
Jan 30, 2008
Don't know if you solved it but most firewalls put the vpn subnet on a different vlan. You might have to have bothe the LAN and the VPN on the same VLAN or hopefully it's jsut a matter of Firewall rules. Make sure that the rules are set for the VPN interface no the lan. Alot of firewalls hide the VPN interface so you have to either do it in a shell or something of the sort.