Resident Evil Series

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

The switch

Jun 9, 2008
What is your favorite Resident Evil Game? I'm orginal this is just me but Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 4..ehh no maby Code Veronica X

wanzer

May 31, 2008
I've only played through Resident Evil 1, 2, and 3. Out of these three, I'd have to say RE2 was my fave. It just somehow feels more meaningful to me than RE3 did. I still like 3 though of course.

-KLoWn-

~Juggalo Pimplord~
Sep 4, 2008
I'd say the Remake for the Gamecube, it's too fuckin awesome.
They're all good though.

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
I'd say the Remake for the Gamecube, it's too fuckin awesome.
They're all good though.

I'm gonna have to second that statement, I was a big fan of the Cube re-make too as well as the fourth. Have you guys been staying up to date with the trailers for the fifth game? They look amazing!. :ridiculed:

-KLoWn-

~Juggalo Pimplord~
Sep 4, 2008
Have you guys been staying up to date with the trailers for the fifth game? They look amazing!. :ridiculed:
Yeah it looks awesome, but unfortunately i really don't think these new infected people are a match for the good 'ol zombies.

I kinda like that they're faster though, it puts more pressure on the player, but at the same time i don't like seeing RE turning from "Survival Horror" to just some action-game with scare effects.
There's and downside for every upside when it comes to the "new" Resident Evil.

And i wanna see Nemesis or Tyrant again! :crash:

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
Yeah to some degree I have to agree with you, ever since the fourth installment it has seemed like more of an action than survival horror game. But at the same time I stop and ask myself a question. Has the game play with "scare effects" really changed the genre of Resident Evil or is this just a different method of delivering the same survival horror experience we all fell in love with in the originals?

P.S. Tyrant making a return would be cool but Nemesis would just be out right INSANE, hopefully Capcom will work something up for RE5 that can compare.

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
RE5 looks stunning and creepier like RE4
cant wait to face the man with huge hammer-axe

Same here, don't know if everyone has seen them already but they released some new trailers for RE5 over at gametrailers.com go check them out.

NoriHiiro

Jun 27, 2008
I loved them all, especially 4. When I bought a Wii I didn't play anything but RE4 wii edition. Umbrella Chronicles was fun, but not worth replaying

paschendale

individualist anarchist
Mar 5, 2008
Read the books. They can be interesting. REALLY.

-KLoWn-

~Juggalo Pimplord~
Sep 4, 2008
Read one of 'em, can't say they equal to the games though (obviously).

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
I can't even stand to consider re4/re5 part of the series. They may as well have kept up with the shoot em up stuff in the dead aim ones.

Just are fricking fps games, and lost all of the creepiness, puzzles, etc. of the other games.

Favorite would have to be re2 without any doubt.

egrrr

Sep 4, 2008
definitely RE2 was the one that hooked me into the series, however, RE4 has got to be the better game of the two (specially if you can mod it in your pc). modding RE4 increased the replay value for me, so in short i would say RE4 was the better game.

i'm not including RE5, cuz it lacked a certain hook... it felt half done and to beat it in less than 14 hours i felt cheated of my $70.

Oct 6, 2007
I played them all since the first Resident Evil came out and I'd have to say the Gamecube remake. Don't get me wrong, I love the original Resident Evil but the Gamecube remake actually made it scary instead of funny and I have fond memories of playing it while my GF sat behind me on my sumo squeezing me until I couldn't breath because she was so afraid.

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
I played them all since the first Resident Evil came out and I'd have to say the Gamecube remake. Don't get me wrong, I love the original Resident Evil but the Gamecube remake actually made it scary instead of funny and I have fond memories of playing it while my GF sat behind me on my sumo squeezing me until I couldn't breath because she was so afraid.

I feel the same way, the Cube remake was my favorite as well. It did an excellent job of keeping everything in the original that made the game a classic and at the same time improving on its shortcommings. Frankly besides that though I thought RE4, 5 and 3 were the best in the series, despite what others may feel.

Oct 6, 2007
I feel the same way, the Cube remake was my favorite as well. It did an excellent job of keeping everything in the original that made the game a classic and at the same time improving on its shortcommings. Frankly besides that though I thought RE4, 5 and 3 were the best in the series, despite what others may feel.

I agree that RE4 is a great game (and although my room mate has a 360 and RE5, I haven't had much time to play it) but they are a completely different game so I don't really like to compare anything pre-RE4 with RE4, it's in a league all its own.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
I enjoyed them all but my favorite is the most recent RE5. My wife and I play it quite regularly and enjoy it very much. The graphics, sound and feel of the controls is very impressive. For those that haven't seen it I highly recommend checking it out on YouTube.
desioner