Problem occur during download the games

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
thread moved

Webby Alisha

Mar 31, 2009
Hello,
When I Start A Nintendo DS Lite, It Has Spot For DS Download Play. I Download Games,but Does Anyone Know How It Works? Do You Have To Be Connected To The Internet or another DS? Please help me.

Thanks In Advance.:stress:

ds download play , only works when close to a download station.
They have them at all Gamestop locations that i know of.
Theres also ones at Toys-r-us and such. You can look them up on the web.
But all it does is download some demos that you can play, as soon as you turn off the DS lite , the demos aren't saved so you lose them.

From Wikipedia:
DS Download Station is an in-store demo service launched by Nintendo in early 2006. As the name implies, these are stations that can be used to download game demos and trailers to a Nintendo DS. The games can be downloaded by going to DS Download Play on the Nintendo DS's main menu and choosing the DS Download Station (if in range). From there it would load a simple menu & loader application to facilitate loading the demo of the player's choice. The demos remain on the DS until the power is turned off.
View inside a DS Download Station

The download station is actually nothing more than a standard retail DS hidden inside of a sealed box with a special DS Download Station cartridge inserted in it. The cartridge acts as a server for customers to download new game demos or videos. When Nintendo releases a new demo cartridge to retailers they simply load the cartridge into the DS locked in the sealed box. A DS Download Station can distribute only one game at a time, but send the demos to up to 15 DS systems simultaneously.

The US and European version of the DS Download Station are completely different than the Japanese version. The Japanese version uses 3 PCs, each connected up to an Internet connection. The difference in design was due to most locations in the US do not have an available Internet connection, and therefore, a self contained solution was necessary.