Possible rules on torrent uploads.

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Do we need rules? Are these a good start?

• Those in favor of rules.

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • Those against rules.

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Those indifferent.

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
This is just a suggestion to the administrators to the forum. I've come across a lot of threads with torrents taken from other forums. This is not a problem but there are the same posts in responce to these initial threads, that waste members time and bandwidth.
There are no rules that I know of yet but would like to see some set in place to mke it more of a helpful community here. There is a lot of potential and like other users would love to see it grow. The rules are of course very rough and could be revised as needed but something is better than nothing.
1: NO PASSWORDS unless either "Akiba-online" OR "Shibuyabashi"
2: Do not upload torrents that you (Uploader) have not completed yourself.
3: A minimum of 1 week seeding & reseeding if requested.
4: A proper file description (for example)
Actress - Miho Takai 15
Label - Air Control
Title - Meromero~n
Catalog Number - KQT-074
Running Time - 120min
File Format - avi
File Size - 699.3MB
Password - Akiba-online
5: Subscribe to your posts or check them out to see if there are concerns or questions.
6: Posting cover scans and realitive links to your files.

I'd like some constructive criticism from the users and administrators. Lets work together to make this forum reliable and enjoyable for all it's users.

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
These rules seem good, except the number 3. I have a poor upload and a quota every month, so i can't stay a lot on the torrent when i have finished it.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Yea...the forum could probably do with some rules...

Torrents with passwords should at LEAST be marked [passworded] and have the password in the post. Actually it's one member who keeps posting the passworded torrents over and over. He also only posts an offsite hosting link (minima) rather than uploading the torrent file as an attachment...
I PMed him about it but he didn't respond...he's posting from a japanese IP and clearly has a basic grasp of english at best so for now I'm just ignoring his posting habits.

You're never going to see a password "shibuyabashi" or "akiba-online" in a file. I've never and will never password crap and noone in shibuyabashi does...

As for the other stuff, it's a nice idea to have people seed as long as they can but it's not enforcable.
A tags system exists (currently partially disabled to work out some bugs) but yea..better tagging of thread names is a plan...

I'm gonna redo the forums list. Adding a few subforums couldn't hurt... expect the place to be alot smoother after xmas.

Actual rules list pending.

*moved to announcements so i don't forger*

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
Opinions.

Thanks for you input so far guys.
Akuma, I understand the quota and poor connection. Would just be a cuortesy to others if you would seed enough for them to complete or create new seeds with better connections. It's the worst when you get a torrent that will NEVER complete
Chompy, the passwords are a pain in the ass. I can PM the user in question in Japanese to see if that will help. It seems to me that he's only using a computer translator application but his intentions are good. I'm also glad to here that shibuyabashi stays away from passes.
We'll see what we can do.

Ether

flaming hobo
Dec 7, 2006
hmm yeah. but as the site gets larger and larger and as more members start to migrate in, we'll probably have to take on the same rules as other sites. and yes. passes only causes strife :/

Leechasd

Eye of The Beholder
Nov 16, 2006
Standard forum rules would be required but overall we don't have to copy other site rules unless they are deemed a neccessity

mikoto

Dec 8, 2006
about that passworded torrent poster...
I think hes either getting it from the Chinese site directly or thru one of the japanese portal sites.(thats usually where i find the passwords for his files).

i think the rules are fair in general, but i too am not sure about the password setting(as many of the files are hosted by other sites as well??<-crossposted?)

miQ.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Rules are useful and all, but what about licensed anime?
If I, hypothetically, were to dump a few batches of anime, which might happen to be licensed..
Would you hate me?

user8324

Nov 28, 2006
1: NO PASSWORDS unless either "Akiba-online" OR "Shibuyabashi"
2: Do not upload torrents that you (Uploader) have not completed yourself.
3: A minimum of 1 week seeding & reseeding if requested.
4: A proper file description (for example)
Actress - Miho Takai 15
Label - Air Control
Title - Meromero~n
Catalog Number - KQT-074
Running Time - 120min
File Format - avi
File Size - 699.3MB
Password - Akiba-online
5: Subscribe to your posts or check them out to see if there are concerns or questions.
6: Posting cover scans and realitive links to your files.

Theoretically those would be good rules. But I see overly restrictive regulations alienating and driving off certain users, especially those who do not speak English well, at all, or use translation software.

There are enough of us around that we can pretty much ask and someone will know the password. People here are members at many non-english sites and boards. Personally I enjoy the posting of content from sites that I cannot easily use or have to get a certain "rank" in order to use. For example, 3gpshow.com, the bt airways board, u15fans.com, the genie torrent board. (Or on some of the sites it's like fishing around blindly as I don't speak the language).

It would be great to be able to have a good listing of some of the relevant content from these sites, passwords and info can usually be attained, especially through helpful collaboration.

Ether

flaming hobo
Dec 7, 2006
passwords should only be used if there's no other way. But if possible, people should just post out a torrent link to make it easier for everyone.

Eggs

Desu! Desu! Desu! Desu!
Dec 7, 2006
And I don't see why there should be a need for passwords... I'm sure the content in the passworded torrents are available elsewhere in an unpassworded torrent. So try and post those please. ^^

STAY AWAY FROM PASSWORDED TORRENTS FOR A BETTER TOMORROW~!

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Passwords are no more than cheap advertizing, and a lame way to attract/force more people to become members.
If it were up to me, I'd ban passwords completely.

ChocoBaby

(Appear online)
Nov 30, 2006
I think password torrent is ok as long as password is provide together with torrent

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Yes, so far, that's good too.
Just started, so we haven't got any C&Ds yet.
What to do is up to chompers, when/if we get them.

Svenddv

Bridget Fanboy
Dec 12, 2006
Rules are useful and all, but what about licensed anime?
If I, hypothetically, were to dump a few batches of anime, which might happen to be licensed..
Would you hate me?

I wont, this the golden age of Internet Pirates after all ;)