Playstation 3

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

KhalReblic23

Dec 13, 2006
Dunno if we have any big gamers here. I figured it'd be cool to have a discussion about the PS3, it being the newest of the new and all. I managed to get my hands on the 20gig at Best Buy about a week ago and I totally thing the thing is great.

I'd say the funniest issue is the comparison of the PS3 to an Xbox 360. Since it is being sold as a substitute its hard to not compare, but can you really? The 360 has been out for well over a year now and PS3 is BRAND NEW and the graphics are pretty much the same. So imagine PS3 in one year and compare that to the 360 games of now, then you have an even match.

Another major selling point is Blu-Ray. Its 500-600 bucks for a BD Player, or you can get a PS3 for 500 and have both. lol Cost of 360 is 400+200 for the HD-DVD external drive add on. lawl....

Leechasd

Eye of The Beholder
Nov 16, 2006
Another major selling point is Blu-Ray. Its 500-600 bucks for a BD Player, or you can get a PS3 for 500 and have both. lol Cost of 360 is 400+200 for the HD-DVD external drive add on. lawl....

Congrats on obtaining a PS3. I had mine preordered but was sold out. I was offered the 360 but took a refund instead since my brother already owns one. After much wait it wasn't really worth the big wait. Lots of issues here in there resulting in overheating or the power button not working and so on. There is very miniscule difference in terms of graphics between PS3 and 360 but in some games, PS3 wins in favor by just abit but nothing you would really notice when one is gaming. 360 didn't have a HD-DVD player until now which is sold seperately where as the PS3 came with a BD player which is by far much better than the standard ones released today. I'm no fanboy, I just grab any console that leads me to the games I most desire (aka FF13, RE5, etc.). This coming December or next year they will have resolved all these issues from the launch date of the previous PS3's. Be sure to grab your hands on one if you haven't yet. 1 Million units or so to be sold by the end of year... or was it next year? Anywho grab one while you can or wait till it gets cheaper since there were no good launch releases at the start :(

Ether

flaming hobo
Dec 7, 2006
lol. I preordered my ps3, and got it ;) immediately put it up on ebay and earned roughly $1000 lol. Enough to get me a 360 and a wii :D

peacius

Dec 13, 2006
OPB: Ether
lol. I preordered my ps3, and got it immediately put it up on ebay and earned roughly $1000 lol. Enough to get me a 360 and a wii
niiiice i like your style! haha. i really want a ps3, and a wii... so im really debating on what i should get... ps3 would be really nice, but then again a wii has twilight princess!!!! its so hard to choose! haha... probably ps3, though...

Svenddv

Bridget Fanboy
Dec 12, 2006
Actually, the 360 HD-DVD add-on thingie is only to watch movies. (at least thats what i've heard). But i've been very curious about the current gen-wars, it seems like xbox has a nice lead but the ps3 might have a huge comeback. Though sony's quite a bitch towards europe, delaying almost everything 6 months. (even ps2 games)And M$ launches almost everything worldwide.

Wondering why im not mentioning the Wii in the gen-wars? simple, its because we'r all getting a Wii due to cheapness and nostalgia feeling when you download Super Mario Brothers on that virtual console.

KhalReblic23

Dec 13, 2006
That and I really want to play Trauma Center standing and yelling in my living room with my sound system...instead of on my DS with headphones...then people just thing you're weird.. :(

peacius

Dec 13, 2006
OPB: KhalReblic23
I really want to play Trauma Center

trauma center is AMAZING on the wii! haha. its so great! i pretended to be dr. tenma from monster, haha. i always got A's :D its a great time. anyway... the ps3 is a great system, and i wish i had one. i would rather have it than a 360 mainly because of the controller... but a couple of games i really wanna play are final fantasy xiii (ps3), and assassins creed (both). those will be AMAZING!

grounder

Just Another Pervert
Dec 25, 2006
love all console, but have no time to play it since i can't take it to school and i spent most of my time in school. So i take my laptop filled with hentai game instead and play it on lunch break, though i got scolded by the teacher when he found out, he said it's a sin and im a sinner:nowai: luckily he didn't confiscate my laptop:sohappy:

Sasukeden

Nin Nin ! ! !
Mar 3, 2007
Yeah... If i have a steady income ill try and get all 3 systems... :evillaugh:

If I could find a Job... :why:

Rampant

Apr 4, 2007
hmm i have a mag some where around here that says that the Wii is winning the next gen war LOL ps3 cost to much 360 i don't know wii is like the best if your not the guy who just wanna have fun go buy a wii if your a fanboy and all that crap get a ps3 lol....i say that the PC is gonna over rule every game out there

=):please: :punch: :shake: :flattered: :snicker2:

lockh33d

Mar 20, 2007
I got my ps3 last week, and there's only one game worth playing..resistance:fom

tsujoi

Mar 8, 2007
Got my PS3 a few weeks ago. Lair should be released pretty soon, which should be fun.

Right now my Wii is just a paper weight. Not really any games out right now that I'm interested in.

Edit: Wish I had a HD TV though, feel like I'm really missing out on the graphics department :(

Chaheese

Ceiling cat see's all!
May 10, 2007
Just stating my opinion in the matter ^^

Actually, the 360 HD-DVD add-on thingie is only to watch movies. (at least thats what i've heard). But i've been very curious about the current gen-wars, it seems like xbox has a nice lead but the ps3 might have a huge comeback. Though sony's quite a bitch towards europe, delaying almost everything 6 months. (even ps2 games)And M$ launches almost everything worldwide.

Wondering why im not mentioning the Wii in the gen-wars? simple, its because we'r all getting a Wii due to cheapness and nostalgia feeling when you download Super Mario Brothers on that virtual console.

Actually it being a cheap price makes it a good rival in the console war since the whole thing is about offering good hardware and software for a good price really, thats one of the reasons the 360 is out doing the PS3 (other than the fact that its godly) also people wouldn't buy a Wii if they weren't interested in what it has to offer in terms of gameplay, plus the fact that it appeals to a wider range of people means...well Nintendo is owning things for now.

Who knows what the future holds though. =3

lockh33d

Mar 20, 2007
who's playing warhawk?! add me up PSN: marui_man

SexGhost

Sep 29, 2007
i wonder whats the price for ps3 in msia now...i know i cant afford T.T

oh yeah, anyone knows of any program that allows pc to play ps2 and perhaps, ps3 games in pc?

ratedjav

Apr 20, 2008
Well guys, I did picked up the PS3 after a few months of the release. It was hard as hell to get too! I got the 40G one i believe, LoLz yeah i forgot already. I got resistance with it and I loved the game and still do! Can't wait for part II!! Anyways, Wii came and took over if you guys didn't know, which i'm sure you do. Now PS3 is coming back and gonna win it! Hella good games are about to come out. MGS4, GTAIV, RESISTANCE2, Gran TURISMO!!! ahhhh!!! SO many games and i have no money!!! I'm definitely picking up MGS4 (reserved it already) and Resistance2!! I'm a Sony fan . . . in the gaming franchise of course, but definitely not car audio related. They suck at that! LOLz,

fightloli

May 7, 2008
yeah,there's a list before I can buy one:
first of all,I must got a job.
second of all,I must got the money.

But now,I'am still a poor student.

许愿星砂

May 7, 2008
PS3 games is too expensive to our chinese,I just own two ps3 games:CALL OF DUTY 4,真·三國無雙5(SHIN·SANGOKUMUSOU 5),as an undergraduate,my cost of living is 1,000RMB that I have to buy one ps3 game per month only.