Moving Day (3)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
So we're moving server again. I've already made a backup of the enormous forum, and all of the attachments.

Anything posted as an attachment on the forum after now will not automagically be on the new server, so keep that in mind.

I figure this is preferable to just closing the site until the move is complete, because it could take another day or more.

If you're lucky MAYBE the mods would be willing to re-attach attachments on the new server, but that's up to the mods.

NB: This is not an April fools, despite the date. April fools are supposed to be funny.

:full:

indreamsiwalk

with you...
Apr 8, 2007
Thanks! Can you let us know when it's safe to add attachments again? :bow-pray:

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
All the hard work will pay off. Give us a heads up on the attachments please.
desioner

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Sorry, I've been busy with other stuff for the last couple of days. The forum is almost set up on the new server, and so far so good (still, fingers crossed.) When it's working right, I'll change the domain (akiba-online.com) to the new server's IP address, and then it's a case of waiting for your DNS to update.

I'll post more information when it's pertinent.

kunoichi

Occasional Visitor
Mar 26, 2007
Sometimes when I click pictures I get corrupted images from the server, any idea what it could be?

CTRL+F5, CTRL+F5, CTRL+F5 usually helps after a few retries.

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
Had the same problem.
Clean the cache in FF and that worked

BartSimpson

Mar 2, 2007
Hm, that's probably not the right place to ask, but what happened to Leechasd's C73 Doujinshi thread in the doujinshi torrent section? Did it get lost after moving to the new server or did he delete it himself? I just wanted to look up the current status and couldnt find it anymore. :why:

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Deleted, as he's nowhere to be found and only he knows the password.
Then again, he probably know what the password was supposed to be, but I wouldn't be surprised if he misspelled it.

Leechasd

Eye of The Beholder
Nov 16, 2006
Took it off temp. but will be back when the time is right. Slowly organizing it but if you wanted to know, you could've left a PM.

BartSimpson

Mar 2, 2007
Well, its a common internet phenomenon that people who were active for a long time in a forum just disappear without a trace from one day to the other...a PM wouldnt do anything in such a case.
I also asked here cause it may have been an issue after moving the server.

But good thing you're back.