Momo Shiina 椎名もも now known as - Kaho Iwasaki 岩崎果歩

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
Hi guys,
Has anyone looked at Momo's Ameblo recently? I just happened to open it before and it says basically that she is leaving her production office and will no longer be appearing on R no housoku (NHK TV show). She also says that she wants everyone to consider this her retirement from show business (not just an office change).
Has anyone heard about this?

The entry is dated Mar 27 2017

edit: her twitter confirms it too. It will be up for this month apparently so get in there and download any pics before they're gone.

Last edited:

Fuzzypeach

Dec 12, 2009
The world has ended, I will sincerely miss your Twitter feeds Momo..... Best of luck and continued success out there you gorgeous woman.

It is a shame she never moved on to Girlz-High or Minisuka.

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
@isityours I feared that your post in this thread is a bad news... and I was right. Sad day.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Momo retires the actress and seems to aim for an announcer in the future.
Her new name is "岩崎果歩 / IWASAKI Kaho".
Let's remember.

added to the title

st8tkr

Traveler
Sep 13, 2010
The world has ended, I will sincerely miss your Twitter feeds Momo..... Best of luck and continued success out there you gorgeous woman.

It is a shame she never moved on to Girlz-High or Minisuka.
Very much a shame. Her and Ayu was 2 I was really hoping to see when they fully matured. I was expecting them to be even better.

Reactions: danl1956

isityours

Sep 27, 2008
Keiou University. Not just super cute but really intelligent too. I guess that was what she was saying about leaving her office and show business. It was to cut ties with her previous life.

I wonder if Kaho is her real name? Still, I prefer her JI name.

Atarius

Jun 15, 2012
When you say cut ties does that imply she wasn't happy with the work she did or just moving on?

Reactions: danl1956

lemurian

Feb 12, 2008
well think about it this way, you have a new endeavor and u keep your old name. a fan googles you, but everything that shows up are your past works(which has nothing to do with the new endeavor). the new endeavor gets no attention, and finally dies out.

Reactions: Atarius

isityours

Sep 27, 2008
When you say cut ties does that imply she wasn't happy with the work she did or just moving on?

I wasn't implying anything in particular but when idols/stars/people change their name, it is often indicative of some kind of change in their professional/personal lives.

Reactions: example100000

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012
That's this issue! 週刊朝日 2018年9月7日号 Thanks for the tip.

I don't think there would be scans of this magazine online, it's more of a buy-or-forget situation.

granatnik

Akiba Citizen
Sep 19, 2012

Sudachi

Sep 23, 2011
5Rhh2Xw.png

I am not sure if this was ever posted here, but if anyone is still curious about why Kaho ended her career as Shiina Momo this interview should help.

https://mfc.mynavi.jp/archive/2017/11/27/iwasaki_kaho/

Some points in the interview.
- Scouted at Takeshita Street in Harajuku when she was in sixth grade of elementary school.
- Even if she had the choice to redo her decisions she would choose to go into entertainment again.
- The reason she felt she had to retire was because she felt like she had hit a wall.
- She chose a new path which was aiming to become an announcer.
- She wanted a halfway position that allowed her to stay active in the television world.
- Her primary reason to be an announcer was due to her weakness in interviews
- She has no regrets with her decisions and wants to experience various things to improve herself while enjoying her life as a college student

Attachments

• img_00052.jpg
    img_00052.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 899
  • img_00069.jpg
    img_00069.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1,169
  • img_00091.jpg
    img_00091.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 914
Apr 11, 2007
- The reason she felt she had to retire was because she felt like she had hit a wall.
I hope she doesn't mean in terms of visual appeal, because to me she's still fantastic, if not better than her idol days. (always regarded her as a 'late bloomer') Regardless I'm glad she enjoys her life and found a profession she likes. Another great example of a JI that used the gravure fame to jump-start her career. Thanks Sudachi!

Reactions: CoolKevin