Merging downloads

KYT

Confused Raging Lunatic
Jun 10, 2009
When you download part of a video file how do you merge them? Also there are a lot of .rar files that end in 'part01' etc. In those cases do you merge the .rar file or the videos inside. You find this everywhere yet no one gives instructions on how to do it lol. All I know is that hjsplit doesn't work for those types so I'm stuck lol. :death:

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
'part01.rar' files are multipart .RAR archives. You don't have join them, you can just open the part01.rar file in WinRAR or 7zip, and the program will take care of the rest.

KYT

Confused Raging Lunatic
Jun 10, 2009
What do you mean 'take care of the rest'? Will all the parts of the video file merge so it works? Oh and thanks for replying.

Sam2356

Apr 27, 2009
MP4

How do I join MP4 files. I use HJ split for everything butv it does not work to join these files.

evididi

Sep 17, 2009
what do you mean? now i've just downloaded and have 3 separated mp4 files of a single video. how should i know if it's single and splitted or the uploader of this video had it separate to became different files? cos if it's so, i can't merge it unless remake the video and put the timeline together. awh i hate it..messing with quality

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
If all your files can be played, they are separate MP4 files. You can choose to join them or not (joining works only if they are compatible in framerate, codec, resolution, etc).

If only the first file can be played, it is a split file and you have to join the chunks in one way or another.

Since I have no clue about your files, that's all I can say.