Lemon Angel レモンエンジェル TV complete

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Something that was long delayed from my side...and there are many things to be said about it.

Lemon Angel was a cross-media project made in the late 80s, supporting a live idol trio, together with TV broadcast of them or their anime counterparts. Their names are Tomo Sakurai, Erika Shima and Miki Emoto. Several albums, concerts and anime were produced within few years. The trio stopped in the 1990s, and Tomo Sakurai was the most successful in solo, including being anime seiyuu in Macross 7, Kenshin or El Hazard.

The anime aired through 1987 and 1988 in Fuji TV on late night, three days per week. Each episode is made as a 3 mn semi-animated clip, with more or less story inside. Few TV shows were also produced, with the "live" trio telling fans how cool it is to be an idol (or something like that lol).

There are 3 "seasons" making 54 episodes in total. The official season titles are:

Season 1: くりいむレモン レモンエンジェル = Cream Lemon Lemon Angel (37 episodes)
Season 2: レモンエンジェル = Lemon Angel (9 episodes)
Season 3: Lemon Angel (in romaji, 8 episodes)

Also a special series called "Lemon Hakusho" (レモン白書), that is exactly like a motion comic, was produced around the same time. Some japanese infos there:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/レモンエンジェル_(アニメ)

The broadcast included also "digest" of real Cream Lemon episodes, without the most naughty parts of course! During the first season each "Angel" got a specific day slot. Here comes the actual broadcast of all series, by week day:

Tuesday
06.10.1987-22.12.1987 Season 1 (Erika episodes)
29.12.1987 Xmas break
05.01.1988-26.01.1988 Cream Lemon highlights
02.02.1988-29.03.1988 Season 2
05.04.1988 break
12.04.1988-28.06.1988 Cream Lemon highlights

Wednesday
07.10.1987-23.12.1987 Season 1 (Miki episodes)
30.12.1987 Xmas break
06.01.1988-30.03.1988 Lemon Hakusho
06.04.1988 break
13.04.1988-29.06.1988 Lemon Hakusho (continued)
06.07.1988-28.09.1988 Season 3 (including alternate versions of several episodes)

Thursday
01.10.1987-24.12.1987 Season 1 (Tomo episodes, the first to be broadcasted)
31.12.1987 Xmas break
07.01.1988-31.03.1988 Cream Lemon highlights (maybe longer)

There are many LD and DVD rips floating on the web, but all were missing two episodes that didn't go into the various box sets released in Japan, both from season 1. Episode 15 was in one individual VHS or LD release, and episode 36 was TV-only. To make things more complicated, all compilations releases messed up the episode ordering compared to the TV broadcast.

There was recently a wonderful encoding of the DVD-box made by Nightvision on Hongfire, much better than anything else found so far. It was proposed there:

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61687&page=3

He has also made a TVrip of episode 36. I took the time to seperate the clips, re-order them, and found also episode 15. The original plan was to put together the anime PLUS the two albums, since many tracks were used in the anime, but I'm still missing the second album (used for season 3 normally), so I'll keep this or another torrent. Extras include DVD cover art and booklet scans.

Have a good time with the Angels! :bye:

Attachments

• Lemon Angel TV complete.torrent
    23.2 KB · Views: 608
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mbreal0

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
a torrent, a torrent, a kingdom for a torrent...

I could add it as well, but I don´t interfere in your thread...

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
now I like it much better, one of the mysteria we suffer from atm, either the server goes down without being able to be rebooted via remote or attachments just vanish, we are already trying to figure out what´s going on there...

Maybe there´s a curse on our server...

We just have to figure out who built a vodoo puppet of it and is teasing it permanently...

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Very recently, someone called aa666 uploaded a CDrip torrent of the "First Album" and "Second Album" from the Lemon Angel band.

http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=127492
http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=torrentinfo&tid=127493

The format used there is .ape (Monkey's Audio), a so-called lossless format. As this is not probably something that everyone can play easily at the first place, and also because each album is one single file, I decided to reencode the whole thing in MP3 and cut each song separatly. This was done only for the Second Album, since I had the First Album already in that format from the Hongfire guy.

Frankly, I don't hear any difference with my headphones (this is 80s songs, nothing very fancy), and now there is a real gain of space (the ape file is roughly 50 % of the equivalent raw audio, each album is only about 30 mn!). Anyway you can choose your favourite format now.

The two albums are packed there:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LVJ5KQZ8

After a comparison between the songs and the anime episodes, I can say that all songs used in the anime are there, except ONE. This is in the Lemon Angel third series episode called "Tokyo Rose" (I expect the song to have the same name). After a quick check, I found out that this song is in the "Third Album". The quest is not over...

Japanese song lyrics for the two albums:
http://www.moemoe.gr.jp/~yourtoy/lemonangel/cd_la1st.html
http://www.moemoe.gr.jp/~yourtoy/lemonangel/cd_la2nd.html

Track #6 of the second album is a cover of a popular 80s song, can you guess it? :joker:

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008

jfgslo

Mar 11, 2009
elgringo14, I have a question regarding the last four episodes of Lemon Angel Phase 3. According to the AniDB and the Japanese Wikipedia, the series consists of 10 episodes, not 8 like in the torrent. Checking the information, it seems episode 7 (Tokyo Rose '88) has a second part and episode 9 (Yubiwa Monogatari, 8 in your torrent) also has a second part. Do you have those other two episodes or do you know what's the deal with them?

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
As far as I know, some of the last episodes were broadcasted in two different versions. You can see the broadcast schedule of August and September 1988 there:

http://www.moemoe.gr.jp/~yourtoy/lemonangel/lavol8.html

With many title repetitions. The wikipedia page reproduced partially this fact:

http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/レモンエンジェル_(アニメ)#.E7.AC.AC3.E6.9C.9F_.E3.80.8ELemon_Angel.E3.80.8F

with two episodes listed twice.

I think the main difference is the way the scenes are ordered, it's a different "mix", not really a new episode. I think you can compare one of the episodes with the version broadcasted in the TV special redrooster posted somewhere else in this forum. :study:

I don't think one can find these alternative versions so easily, it shouldn't be very important anyway. I'll update the info on the main post to highlight this fact. If there is more that eight independant episodes in the third series, I'll walk by foot to Japan. :gayprance:

jfgslo

Mar 11, 2009
By the way elgringo14, have you seen all episodes? I've been trying to find precise information about the number of episodes and in Amazon's product description of the DVD-box, it clearly says that there are 52 stories, which makes me believe that 2 episodes are repeated. Phase 1 has 37, Phase 2 has 9 and Phase 3 has 8, which makes a total of 54 episodes. It is possible that Amazon's description is incorrect and I suppose that those two are the ones that you tracked down that were not compiled in the DVD collection, but I'd like to make sure.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
The LD-box and DVD-box are missing two episodes, numbers 15 and 36 of the first series. They are offered here with an alternative rip. Additionally, some of the others 52 episodes have been randomly shuffled, so their order does not reflect the broadcast order.

Actually I don't know why I'm saying all of this, it's already written in the first post (in a different way). :joker:

jfgslo

Mar 11, 2009
Yeah, I know you mentioned it in the first post, but considering that Phase 3 had several episodes re-brocast with a different edit, I thought that perhaps those two episodes might be edits from other episodes and not really original material, and that would explain why they weren't included in the DVD-box.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
I´ve got this file of season II = (18禁アニメ) くりいむレモン ミッドナイトアニメ レモンエンジェル LD大全集 LD3A (第2期01-09話).avi...

in an AR of 320 x 240 / 152 MB

anyone interested in me posting this? At least I didn´t get this file yet...

attachment.php

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
alraedy posted: torrent

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
Actually, I wouldn't like to propagate these old rips anymore as they don't match in quality the mkv rips used for my torrent.

I you guys really want "block" files with random ordering (season II seems to be the least affected by that) but having the same quality, go to the hongfire thread as posted in the first post:

The link for season II for example is:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W3FBH8J2