Leaked MediaDefender Emails

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Tamichi

Local Psychopath
Jan 24, 2007
http://torrentfreak.com/mediadefender-emails-leaked-070915/

A bit of news today from Torrent Freak. A ginormous amount of emails from MediaDefender leaked recently. (MediaDefender = Anti-piracy assholes.) There are some pretty recent ones here too, the most recent being sent on 9/10/2007 at 3:01 PM.

I've just downloaded the emails and just started to browse through them. It's some fairly interesting stuff. Of course I don't expect a bit of a news blitz tommrow, maybe even tonight from some quick news broadcasters. You know, because of the nature of these emails being a: a stain on the image of a Hollywood ally and copyright bastards everywhere, and b: for reasons similar to those listed by Torrent Freak on why they won't link to the torrents "because thre[sic] is the potential for lawsuits regarding corporate security and trade secrets. We feel it is better to err on the side of caution."

I think this should become required reading for anyone who uses torrents or p2p in a way the RIAA, MPAA, and friends might not like. i.e. just about everyone here. Note that it's mostly mundane details, but after reading a bunch of these you start to get an idea of how they operate.