JAV VR: News, comments about releases, recommendations, hardware

Walle12

JAV VR needs less clothes and more lesbian
Dec 6, 2008
A VR with Kobayashi Runa would have been great, too...

Regarding URVRSP-313, is Mio Matsuoka someone you like especially? Just curious.

Not particularly. I haven't watched any movies with her. But since she's new to VR, I was curious.

I don't know if it's coincidence or not, but Filevkool just uploaded the film at 8K, and it has a sort of semi face-to-face missionary.... So it stays halfway.. It's not bad, but the sad thing is that in an 80 minute movie, this shot lasts 2 minutes.... :(

URVRSP-313-B_s.jpg

The movie is very mediocre. I can't understand why all the shots are from the front. No back or ass scenes... :(

Last edited:

enduraVR

Feb 12, 2024
Thank goodness for torrents/file hosting services. Going in blind and hoping a release is good isn't fun. KMP and Unfinished are allergic to previews it seems.

From my understanding, services like FileJoker are economical when the amount of content you download exceeds the monthly fee of the hosting service. I was going to ask if you would usually recommend it even after having expressed your annoyance with the sluggish releases, but seeing as I download infrequently, maybe not for me.

With the most common JAV VR price being 980yen (£5.10 in my currency), I would need to download more than 4 titles through FJ each month to warrant the standard £22.95/m service. A month or two can pass without any enticing releases.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
At an economic level it is worth it, as you say you download 4 movies and you compensate it.
The only problem is that it allows you to download only a few GB per day. But as I only download VR and only 5% of what comes out, it is not much of a problem.

For me the big problem is that, since a few months ago, VR releases take days to be uploaded. And it's worse with the 8K versions, some never get uploaded, or take weeks. I only watch 8K version if it exists.

Right now I have a list of about 15 VR titles that either have not been uploaded or are not in 8K. And paying a subscription so that titles you want are not uploaded, or take weeks to be released in 8K, well no....

Reactions: enduraVR

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Everything on the forum can also be downloaded for free if you have the patience for it and can leave your pc open.
You just need to make sure to be logged off your free FJ account if you want to download a file bigger than 5GB or continue downloading after you've reached your limit(traffic resets every 5 days, but you can also speed that up if you contact them and say you're downloading from here, if they still honor that).

enduraVR

Feb 12, 2024
High bitrate (the few that are available) 8k JAV VR coupled with supersampling (for those of you that use PCVR) - are you content with such works as the zenith of the medium currently, or do you find there still to be areas for growth? Do you reckon you'd see more meaningful gains from a new HMD with much higher resolution panels over, say, 15360 × 8640 (16k) videos?

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
I am currently using a HP Reverb G2 on a PC with a RTX 3070Ti, with a 4320 x 2160 resolution (2160 x 2160 per eye), with MSAA 2X filter and supersampling 1,5X, 8K movies are reproduced at 16K with supersampling.

With this configuration, the image at a distance of one meter is photorealistic. If the film has a good bitrate (8K SOD VR tiles at A Festa), it practically looks like in real life. From one meter away, it fades a little, but it looks very good.

With this image quality I am already happy, but of course, there is room for improvement: With a more powerful graphics card I could put more supersampling, a headset 4K or 8K per eye, and other improvements such as OLED display and HDR.

Last edited:

googlesearches

Dec 11, 2023
I am currently using a HP Reverb G2 on a PC with a RTX 3070Ti, with a 4320 x 2160 resolution (2160 x 2160 per eye), with MSAA 2X filter and supersampling 1,5X, 8K movies are reproduced at 16K with supersampling.

With this configuration, the image at a distance of one meter is photorealistic. If the film has a good bitrate (8K SOD VR tiles at A Festa), it practically looks like in real life. From one meter away, it fades a little, but it looks very good.

With this image quality I am already happy, but of course, there is room for improvement: With a more powerful graphics card I could put more supersampling, a headset 4K or 8K per eye, and other improvements such as OLED display and HDR.
I have a Quest 3 with a 3080, but struggling to find the perfect configuration settings. how did you go about it?

Reactions: Tana_vak

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
My headset receives image directly from the PC and uses the power of the PC, that's why I can put so much supersampling and MSAA. Quest 3 does not connect directly to the PC, it does it through streaming compressed video with an intermediate software that compresses in real time, consumes CPU cycles and 2 GB of video memory.

To watch video it is not worth connecting the Quest 3 to the PC because compressing the video for streaming eliminates all the advantages of MSAA and supersampling that you get on the PC.

With Quest 3 the video is better in standalone, but you don't have the definition improvement that the higher power of the PC gives you.

Reactions: Tana_vak

Tana_vak

Jun 8, 2021
I have a a Quest 2 and I play 4K and 8K videos directly from the local storage, using the heresphere player. It looks really good for what it is, and covers my level of interest.

I don't watch as much VR as others. Good titles with my favorite actresses (they are rare), and vids like URVRSP-245 that are even more rare. Whenever I watch VR it's mostly that one ;)

teiji_ishida

Mar 18, 2023
The important thing is that DANDY is back to shooting VRs, after several years of hiatus. Let's hope it's not just a one title test, and they start releasing VR movies on a regular basis.

The VR market is now flooded by the mediocrity and monotony of KMP VR, AQUA, KIWVR and other second-rate studios that release dozens of titles a month that aren't even VR, they are 3D TV because you only watch a meter away, and it needs more variety. Those companies do more harm than anything else to VR, because people get bored of their mediocrity and lack of originality and immersion.

I wish Prestige and others that stopped releasing VRs a few years ago would come back. It seems that the new 8K cameras are encouraging some studios to come back. Let's see if we are lucky, we need a Remu Suzumori 8K VR... :blink:
Your wish is coming true. Remu has an upcoming VR: https://www.prestige-av.com/goods/95013fd4-af0e-47b8-b281-3c4cb214baa5?skuId=PRVRSS-001

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008

OH.MY.GOD!!! I can't believe it!!! :apa: For me this is the best news of 2024, not only because of Remu, but because it is the return of Prestige to VR!!!!

Still no images, but this info:

Release Date:
April 25, 2024

Recording time:

67 min.

Cast:

Remu Ryomori

Directed by:

Charlie Nakata

Maker:
Prestige

Label:
Prestige VR 2nd Season

Item number:

PRVRSS-001
The Label is "2nd Season", so it looks like they are going to launch several VRs.... :cinta:

Thanks for the info, @teiji_ishida !!

enduraVR

Feb 12, 2024
Pleasantly surprised with the return of Prestige. They seem to operate away from all the other major studios, off in their own private space. Liked their roster back in 2021-2022 but was never fond of their gonzo style. 67 minutes is notably shorter than the usual JAV release, so curious to see how they structure their videos.

Umi Yatsugake will undoubtedly get a release too, along with Airi and Non. Q1 of 2024 is ending on a positive note.

Honestly? Better news than a Jinguuji Nao/Momonogi Kana/Suzu Honjo release. Return of a studio trumps singular actresses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walle12

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
I think it was more difficult that Prestige returns to VR than all those wonderful actresses would shoot more VR movies, EnduraVR... So fingers crossed that your wishes come true too.... :)

After Remu Ryomori (as she's now called), my second most desired actress in VR is Suzu Honjo.... And I would also love more VRs of Jinguuji Nao.... I'm not a big fan of Momonogi Kana, but I hope she comes back too....

Last edited:

enduraVR

Feb 12, 2024
It was taken down a day after, presumably as it was posted too early - that is the theory anyway. Maybe they'll put it back up early April.

Does Prestige use their own proprietary VR player or do they allow for downloads? Curious to see if they'll be shooting in 8k.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Does Prestige use their own proprietary VR player or do they allow for downloads? Curious to see if they'll be shooting in 8k.

That is one of the enigmas, since their new flat titles are only sold on their website. I don't know if it's streaming only. Their old VR titles are still sold DRM-free on A Festa, hopefully they do the same with the new ones.

And of course I hope they are shot at 8K, I think this is the real reason Prestige, Dandy and others are going back to VR, to test if 8K VRs sell....

Last edited:

chewbaka

Jan 8, 2021
That is one of the enigmas, since their new flat titles are only sold on their website. I don't know if it's streaming only. Their old VR titles are still sold DRM-free on A Festa, hopefully they do the same with the new ones.

And of course I hope they are shot at 8K, I think this is the real reason Prestige is going back to VR, to test if 8K VRs sell....
It ain't just Remu's return I am hoping for. Or even more Suzumura Airi.

Prestige somehow has the ability to sign up some very hot girls who actually look like their covers and don't need much photoshop. I don't know where they find those girls and its a shame they are not doing VR.

Until now...we have hope at least. I am especially looking forward to Nanashima Mai, Minoshima Meguri, and Rukawa Yu in VR.

Won't say no to Suzunoya Rin, Takimoto Shizuha, and Aono Mizuki.

Would like to see Yatsugake Umi get started on VR too, but she didn't back than so I'll be surprised if she starts now. But it'll be nice if she does.

Walle12

Dec 6, 2008
Yes, Prestige have beautiful actresses, let's hope they will be releasing VRs of all of them.... The fact that the label is called "Second Season" indicates that there will be more than one title... :)

I just want a 8K VR with Remu without clothes, face to face scenes and the camera up close. Then they can release whatever they want.... :)

Last edited: