[IDed] レム (Remu)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I found this the other day and would like to know who drew it, if there are more of these pictures, and if there are then where I can find them. It would be incredible if this artist drew one for each Johto Gym Leader, and even more incredible still if they drew one for every single epic-sounding quote in all of the games.

The gym leader pictured here is Mikan / Jasmine. The reason behind what she says to the hero is:
[hide]Jasmine is a shy girl who wants to become bolder and wants people to recognize her inner strength. To this end, she overhauls the Olivine City gym and changes from being an Electric-type gym leader to being a Steel-type one. (She is arguably aided in this transition by Magnemite's dual nature as both Electric and Steel, as Magnemite forms two-thirds of her team.) Steelix is her main Pokémon, however, and the first time the player sees one in the game is when fighting Jasmine. It is a truly terrifying, magnificent beast, and the stark contrast between savage Pokémon and gentle loli master is what makes it so intriguing.

To put it another way, Jasmine can be likened to Ilya from Fate Stay Night or to other small lolis who are as a matter of fact ridiculously powerful and whose avatars reflect this fact (Steelix, Berserker).[/hide]

For the record, her dialogue was pretty maimed in translation to English. I didn't know this until only very recently when playing the GSC remake Heart Gold in Japanese. I don't have it on hand, but I'll post in a second once I do find it.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
With the help of an anonymous tip from 4chan's /r/ , I toddled over to Pixiv, signed up for an account, and searched for レム (Remu). Found his account after some trial and error. Found the picture. Left a long message for him (split into three parts). Made numerous grammatical errors which, looking back on it now, I really shouldn't have, but oh well. ^^;

But in the end? He was so flattered by my replies that he earnestly uploaded a hi-res, text-free version of the picture for me. Isn't that amazing? :D What a nice guy! :D

I've attached it here. Keep in mind, credit goes to レム (Remu).

Also? He told me that he'd like to draw another Pokémon picture eventually, but right now he's busy drawing for -- shoulda guessed it -- work. It figures that a guy this talented draws for a living, heh. :)

firebo14

Mar 6, 2009
That's exquisite, it looks very nonchildish and a completely different version of Pokémon.......
...imagine someone made a dramatic and mature version of Pokémon.. animes..movies... :D

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I'm hoping he does one that looks just as badass with Stephen Stone (ダイゴ Daigo in the original Japanese) alongside Metagross. Maybe Metagross's face wouldn't look all that different from Steelix's, but it'd still be something I want to see this guy draw. :D

I asked him about Cynthia (シロナ Shirona) and she was the only name I dropped which he agreed is one of his faves, so that might actually happen. The only problem is: Cynthia is hot but her team isn't all that fearsome-looking. :| Gastrodon doesn't look scary at all. Garchomp looks stupid. (I've never liked the look of hammerhead sharks, sorry. ^^; ) Lucario is overdone. Milotic is gorgeous but it probably suits Cynthia least of all (of her six Pokémon). This leaves Spiritomb (which also doesn't seem to suit Cynthia much) and Roserade (hrm :\ ). So if he did draw Cynthia, I wonder if he would end up drawing her interacting with some of the legendaries like Dialga, Palkia, or Giratina.

If he drew her with Togekiss (from her Platinum team), though? I'd be in Heaven. I love Togekiss. :D