I guess, We need to become the forum restricted !

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

fhc

BRASIL, Rio de Janeiro .
Dec 17, 2006
see this screeshot:
477guests.jpg

15 members and 477 guests !

I guess , is time to become our forum restricted only to registered members !

I make a test: I log out, cleaned my cookies, and, like a guest, I go to my torrent of "A Forbidden Time" link

and downloaded my torrent without problem, like a unregistered guest.

We will never grow in that way!

I am working hard to promote our forum, making publicity in all the other forums, however, if it continues like this, it is useless!

I already talk about it in here but, o one pay attention.

All the other forums are restricted to registered members. We needed to be likewise!

it is obvious, that is only a suggestion. Be not angry with me.
:cry:

it is that I am pissed off with so many guests and so few members registereds!

I want to see shibuyabashi forum with 10.000 members registered soon. This is my "goal" !!

akuma2002

Moe is my life!
Nov 8, 2006
This is a lot of guests indeed. The mods and admins just have to decide now.

fhc said:
I want to see shibuyabashi forum with 10.000 members registered soon. This is my "goal" !!

Wow, you're really motivated :goodboy:

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Yea...it's gonna be open until it's worth closing. Currently activity is pretty limited, but it's growing steadily.

Expect to see attachment downloading restricted to members only within the next few months. Threads will remain open though.

fhc

BRASIL, Rio de Janeiro .
Dec 17, 2006
This is a lot of guests indeed. The mods and admins just have to decide now.

Wow, you're really motivated :goodboy:

Of course: I love shibuyabashi Forum from the botton of my heart ! :beautiful:

shibuyabashi have everything of good: shibuyabashi have kind moderators and few rules.

I HATE aggressive moderators and a lot of unnecessary rules, like that "other" forum.

Unhappily, I am forced, sometimes, to browser that other forum because of the people's group that make modifications in games (modification in Illusion games, like translations and uncensor patches) and because of AGTH ( I need to read the NEWS about AGTH ).

However, soon, our forum will be much more member than the other forum!

One day, we will have a much more powerful group of "modifiers of games", and a "powerful team" of users of AGTH !

and , of course, a numerous and powerful group of uploaders!

Until the end of this year, shibuyabashi forum will dominate the Hentai kingdom ! shibuyabashi forum will become more powerful even than the Chinese forums!

Believe in me! We have everything to grow up and to dominate the World! :notagain:

davidlu9837

Dec 17, 2006
It would be appreciated by those like me who post torrents here if guests would have to register to dl--

An example--I posted a torrent in the JAV uncensored section here:
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=392

To date it has had 23,806 views and 1000's of dls. I searched around and found it had been reposted on a large JA BBS. Maybe a couple of those guests did sign up but I think most just came to leech. If they were required to register it would cut down on the casual leeching. With so many guests dling I finally gave up seeding and hope the leechers will seed for each other.

David

RawD

bearded pirate
Nov 8, 2006
This topic is starting to slowly but surely piss me off :furious:

Thanks to the open door policy we have with our torrents we get many leechers and seeders in a relatively short time. There have been many new people who have joined to say thank you. But most people are lurkers and all they do sometimes check in for torrents and not say a word.

So what's going to be different when we make everything member only?
Nothing except for a shitload of meaningless "hello this is my first post" (most likely their only post). The main change will hurt us the most: torrents will grow slower and die faster. :...:

No need for hasty decisions forced by 1 or 2 members......

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
That's pretty much the whole idea.
Points for figuring that out. (even though both me and chompy has mentioned it before)

Although, there might be an 'addition' to this forum in the future that will require people to register to access it.
The rest of the forum will likely still remain open though.

am8

Jan 4, 2007
David , I highly appreciated what you have done for this forum . Regarding the registration , I think that :
+If we have to accept advertisement in order to secure the existence of the website , we should have people register to become member .
+otherwise , I suggest that we let the website be open as now , because we don't need useless member ( leecher ) who "are lurkers and all they do sometimes check in for torrents and not say a word "(RawD). In this case , our forum should have a section for mod , seeder , typical member . Accordingly , we will share with each other .

Sosi

Crazy Seeder
Jan 18, 2007
from what im understanding this fourm is rather new and everyone is getting into the groove of things? if thats the case then i mean theres no hurry or problem with the way things are right now, i mean even if we have people register there will always be those fcking leechers around... Im on about 15+ other sites and more than half of em i can say have 20% or more of leechers... i mean people just dont understand the "what should be rules" of torrents and the 1:1 ratio etc etc... People treat it like if it was limewire or some shit... but for now i mean its not gonna hurt us if there are leechers cus after word gets out and more people come and we start having to register for certain things then we will just get more... i think right now things are organized and theres not threads everywhere like other fourms im in... So major props to yall for that, and i would like to see probably just something that shows stats next to a persons name like how much they have DL/UL etc etc... XD

axelmonster

Resident Tentacle Monster
Jan 8, 2007
As long as we don't start charging or something retarded like that, either way is fine for me

JimBond007

Somewhere in the world...
Dec 19, 2006
I'm against about a DL/UL stats system. Everybody will know what stuffs I'll leech. And I really hate "spy system".

About restricting torrents, imo, mods and admins must restrict only hentai/JAV section. Most of leechers are only interested about h stuffs.

restricting the forums will have a problem. The useless/boring replies will grow up.
That's why I totally agree with RawD :
"There have been many new people who have joined to say thank you. But most people are lurkers and all they do sometimes check in for torrents and not say a word."

ghost333

the shy guy
Jan 13, 2007
i agree
they will register leech and leave reply with a "thanx for the torrent"
and if things go shit/bad(is this bad language sry if it is i dont like saying words like this) make a new account

sukebe

Nov 30, 2006
I guess this is where some sort of rep system would come in handy... something that motivates people to contribute in any way they can.... i think that's one of the reasons hf is where it is right now... :distressed:

Sosi

Crazy Seeder
Jan 18, 2007
i agree
they will register leech and leave reply with a "thanx for the torrent"
and if things go shit/bad make a new account

but as it states in the rules of this fourm "DO NOT MAKE MULTIPLE ACCTS" the mods will know and will take action on those people they wouldnt let people slide... Thats why i like the stat system because if your a leecher then your gonnna stay a leecher and be known for leeching and if you are a seeder or at least seed like you should (1:1) then everyone will know you at least give what you get!!! This system cant fail honestly because thats the way torrents work either your a seeder or leecher theres no middle to it...

JimBond007

Somewhere in the world...
Dec 19, 2006
mods and admins can know IP from accounts. In this case, it's useless to create multi-accounts. mods and admins can ban IP.

hum... I have two big problems... about stats... I dl more torrents than I upload torrents... that's why I know my stats is never 1:1. It must be 0.5:1. I do a lot of efforts of creating my own torrents. 99% of torrents that I have uploaded on forums or tosho are mine.
The second problem is : I have an old comp, laptop with only 40 gb HDD. I'm always complaining about the low capacity of my HDD, then you can suppose I can't seed for a long time (except for my own torrents because I'm responsible to keep them alive as long as possible). I must transfer dlded stuffs in external HDD :( :sick: or burn on DVDs.

sukebe, you're right. The rep system motivates people. Receiving a comment like "thx dude", "you rox man", "keep the hard work" (I received these comments, I didn't invent them) gives a good feeling and of course, I'll continue to post torrents only for receiving these kinds of comments.
The problem of this system is : everybody can abuse it...

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
We have plans for a system to 'reward' people, but I'm pretty sure it won't be a rep system.
chompy hates the rep system.

We do this as we go; trial and error.
So you'll never know what to expect. :3

Jan 17, 2007
=P Yeah, there needs to be a way to award people one way or another. Hopefully more people can register and contribute. =P I hate leechers, I always seed my torrents to at least a honest 1.5 ratio. =D

RawD

bearded pirate
Nov 8, 2006
I was planning on making a point, but nah.....

->Sukebe: some people didn't get yer point.......

... rewards are really really annoying...

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
tbh it's easy enough to tell who contributes without relying on dots or ranking. a familiar case study for most f us would be the hongfire forums, where "reputation points" flow like water, only the people with the most are a mixture of torrent reposters and saccharine "rep whores" (for want of a better word)
Not sayingthere's anything wrong with reposting, but if you're doing it to gain reps or points or whatever, it reflects on those in your ommunity who create their own original torrents to share.
Currently the only ranking system is based on postcount.
To enable a ratio system we'd need to integrate a torrent tracker. currently the only way to go about this is a fresh insall of vBulletin and a closed-tracker (registered members of this forum only)
A tracker at this point seems unecessary. There are enough trackers already and I like deadfrog. Torrents restricted to this forum would, i suspect, die quickly. We're simply not large enough.