Forum's gonna be down while we merge

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
The forum will be turned off while we move over the Jr Idol Club forum from http://forum.scanlover.com to its new home here.
This move will probably happen at some point today.
Chances are posts made in the last 24 hours will be lost in the process, and there are a few other things that could happen, but let's stay optimistic.

The new forum will bring with it new members, and those here who have accounts at both forums will hopefully not notice anything more peculiar than a postcount rise.

Anyway, just a heads up.

RandomX

Jan 25, 2007
Doesn't look like the transition has been made yet. Any updates/ETA until things are completed?

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
There's an SQL error hurdle. Trying to figure it out.

Eggs

Desu! Desu! Desu! Desu!
Dec 7, 2006
You'll figure it out. Good luck. :)

kunoichi

Occasional Visitor
Mar 26, 2007
Also make sure the tables are created with the proper character encoding so that the kanji characters will work. For some reason they didn't seem to work properly at scanlover.

phoinacup

Apr 1, 2007
haha it feels like we're migrating for a tyrannical country. (scanlover got owned real bad by some guy) do u know if its just the junior idol group or the entire forum? either way, this is a kick ass place for a new home. thanks for welcoming us.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
You're welcome.
That was too easy to be funny..

kolovar

Apr 1, 2007
how about the scanlover page? for some reason i cant get on it, is it effecting it also?

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
The Jr Idol club move has been in the pipeline for several months and has nothing to do with the events of April 1st on scanlover forum.

As for this thread, you can disregard it. I'll just merge the forum eventually at a time when there is low usercount on the server. For now a skeleton Jr Idol Club has been set up.

kolovar

Apr 1, 2007
Bastard! why would they want to hack scanlover for? scanlover was the main god site that i was looking for ages and now they hacked it. i just want to ask, do you know these people, and how long have they been planning this, to over take scanlover? and just one last question, will you guy be taking it back? and getting the pictures back from scanlover gallery?

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Bastard! why would they want to hack scanlover for? scanlover was the main god site that i was looking for ages and now they hacked it. i just want to ask, do you know these people, and how long have they been planning this, to over take scanlover? and just one last question, will you guy be taking it back? and getting the pictures back from scanlover gallery?
In approximately 1 hour.
In most of the world April 1st is over.
Jr Idol Club is staying here though.

bokway

Dec 2, 2006
Chompy: thanks for taking up the challenge of hosting the Jn Idol Forum from Scanlover. Now I got two good reasons to support you.
Cheers,
Bokway

hoeberrymuffin

NoT d1rTy sKank c@kEs
Apr 2, 2007
hi im from scan lover

i read a thread from crys to join here for the jr. idols . roflol scan lover fooled me from april fools day but i guess the jr. idols really moved, do we have to join a group to view the jr.idols? :hope: i hope we dont have to.

rainmanrw

Feb 15, 2007
Chompy... as with everyone else, mighty appreciative that you've taken over Jr Idols.

Just a couple of questions, you did mention that the user ids will be ported as well, but I can't seem to use it anymore?

Also, I wonder if it would be better to separate the Jr Idol to an independent forum? Just a thought.

Keep up the good work.. thanks!

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
An independant forum would use up additional processing power on the server, or an entirely new server.
The server is currently underpowered to even run this forum with its increasing activity.
So, as we currently don't have the money to upgrade it, let alone buy another one, it's going to remain as it is.
Besides, the activity in it aren't enough to merit a new forum.

Upgrading the server is our current objective, aside from surviving the bills.
So.. donate?

Status
Not open for further replies.