doom 3

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

peacius

Dec 13, 2006
wasnt sure if i should post this here or in the more 'general' chat thing... doesnt seem to be too much of a difference between the two. but i was just playing this game (i played it a long time ago, and then picked it up again...) and i was reminded about how scary it was! haha. do you guys remember playing it, and just having that SHOCK! like when one of the monsters JUMPS out of a wall at you! ya. i find myself moving out of the way in my seat to try to get away from it, but its a game, haha. but ya, this game is primo. great game... are there any more that are being planned? hope so... great game...

anyway, thats just a rant of mine. ill probably have more rants about games and whatnot...

Ether

flaming hobo
Dec 7, 2006
lol. I used cheat codes to give me the reassurance that I was invincible and almighty.

pogi420

HG-gang bang announcer
Dec 13, 2006
haha you should try F.E.A.R. you'll pee your pants.

Doom 3 was nice could use some polisihing in its multiplayer part though, if your going to play MP then i suggest quake 4 hehe

peacius

Dec 13, 2006
for some reason F.E.A.R. wouldnt work for me.. anyway, i do want to try it, however i hear that it is not all its cracked up to be... the only thing that i use to help me in the game is the flashlight mod! its too scary without a flashlight all the time, haha.

Lonewolftom

*Nose Bleed*
Dec 18, 2006
DOOM3 is awesome its a really good game, it does get quite repetitive later on but I went through the whole of Prey without getting bored and thats boring so the repetitiveness don't matter. I think you should try out F E A R that is also a great game. If you interested in that sort of game play there is a Half Life 2/Counter Strike mod called "The Hidden" that is much like FEAR/DOOM etc. I recommend you try that game out too. http://www.hidden-source.com/

IRIS_Members_10.jpg

FlashSwordIrene

Oct 4, 2007
You want a game thatll make you piss/crap your pants? Go play Fatal Frame II with only headphones, with all the lights turned off and by yourself at home. Especially cuz of the broken neck ghost who appears out of nowhere alot. Thats a sure bet that you'll leave longer skidmarks than John Force at a drag race. :dribble:

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
FEAR was a scary game?
It wasn't scary at all. It was pure action with a weird plot.

stonedcultist

A cultist, and stoned
Dec 11, 2007
Don't know if I should post this.... but, does anyone here know how to mod the gun sounds of Doom 3? The gun sounds feel like tender-loving caresses, not a good idea to use against demented creatures from hell. So far, I haven't found a good sound mod for it so I was hoping to make one myself. I find the double-barrel shotgun, BFG, and plasma rifle decent to listen, knowing you have bad ass weapons to send them hurling back where they came from! Also, any ideas where to find that ass-kicking sound from Devastator's gun in Transformer's? That would be awsome for the chaingun!

cm5oom

Feb 19, 2007
make a backup copy of $DOOM3INSTALLDIR/base/pak003.pk4 and put it some place safe, then change its name to pak003.zip and unzip. the weapon sounds are in the folder called weapons (duh). they're plain wav files, replace the ones you want, then rezip & change the name back to pak003.pk4