Does anyone enjoy the SMT series?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Jan 17, 2007
As much as me? I love the SMT series so much. SMT stands for Shin Megami Tensei which translates to True Goddess Metempsychosis. It's a really awesome series spanning that has awesome spin offs also like the Persona Series!

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
I've got Lucifer's Call. (aka Nocturnal)
I love it. It features Dante.

Jan 17, 2007
You should get the Digital Devil Saga games, it's like SMT:N but with an awesome story. The final boss in DDS2 is one of the most challenging bosses I've ever faced in any RPG ever.

Zarza

Unusual Guy
Jan 22, 2007
Best series ever. I've got DDS and Lucifer's call... I reached the half of the game on DDS, but I don't liked it as much as Lucifer.

DDS got a demon/skill system that is is not THAT good. All characters can get the same magics, so even being up to you to decide how you will build them, this system could have been improved.

Someone here have already played Kuzunoha Raidou? I'm gonna get it this month to play.

kadosho

Feb 17, 2007
Curious on how far they'll keep taking this series.
Although I've also enjoyed the past entries. Its still very compelling where each storyline climaxes.
And definitely makes it worthwhile to play.
Persona 3.. intriguing. I may pick that up. hehe

Sasukeden

Nin Nin ! ! !
Mar 3, 2007
I have 2 titles that i havent even finished yet... i have this bad habit of stopping mid-way in the game then start playing another...

Dmitri

LOLIPLZ
Apr 5, 2007
You should get the Digital Devil Saga games, it's like SMT:N but with an awesome story. The final boss in DDS2 is one of the most challenging bosses I've ever faced in any RPG ever.

A friend of mine said that there is a secret boss in Digital Devil Saga which is the Main Character of Shin Megami Tensei.

... or was it the other way around... :exhausted2:

Anyways, it is said that that secret boss is one of the most difficult bosses in Video Game history.

Yes, Sephiroth is on the list, but he's near the bottom. :secret:

n2h84

May 23, 2007
The secret boss in DDS is Demi-Fiend (or Hito-Shura in the JAP version). He is extremely hard. It took me a week to analysis all his move and nearly a day to defeat him. Its been a long time that i feel really happy to beat a boss in a RPG.

Satan, the secret boss in DDS 2 are easier but it still took me a lot of time.

And I haven't finish the hard mode in Nocturne. I just beat Lucifer in Normal mode.

Devil Summoner is not as good as DDS and Nocturne, it's too easy, but i haven't try the secret boss in the hard mode. My friend said that he pretty tough.

Now waiting for Persona 3.