Crysis [can you handle it?]

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

MiDNiGHTS

Quadruple Amputee
Nov 27, 2006
Crysis is a new first person shooter being developed by Crytek, the makers of the award-winning Far Cry. The game is to be released (hopefully) in Q3, 2007 and will be published under EA Games.

Players take the role of Jake Dunn, a United States Delta Force Soldier sent into a mysterious island in the South China Sea to investigate an unidentified flying object that has crash in the area.

Crysis is highly anticipated, as it will be one of the first Direct X 10 games. Some of the technology it will utilize include dynamic day/night cycle, fully interactive environments, sunrays and diffuse transmission, real time soft shadows, soft particles, interactive/destructible environments, volumetric clouds, and advanced shader technology.

This is the game that will shift the tide again and show PC superiority over consoles but the question is...can your system handle it?

Some general screenshots.
crysis-carrier-hunter-2.jpg

crysis-jungle-smoking.jpg

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7600 or ATI X1600 Pro (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5GB+
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

I barely meet the recommended requirements except the ram (1gb only) so I definitely wouldn't be able to play this comfortably.

MiDNiGHTS

Quadruple Amputee
Nov 27, 2006
Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7600 or ATI X1600 Pro (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5GB+
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

I barely meet the recommended requirements except the ram (1gb only) so I definitely wouldn't be able to play this comfortably.

Those are not official by the way so they could go higher or lower by games release. Also worth mentioning that the developers may have "secret code" that they will unlock with a patch later on after the game is released for future hardware. What you see could only be the beginning...graphically.

cyress8

Fresh Meat for life!!!!
May 9, 2007
Happy ill be able to run it, and probably on high. i truly dont think its going to require geforce 9 series to run on high and the 8800 i have will run it smoothly. Hell, wouldnt doubt some of the 7 series running on high.

MiDNiGHTS

Quadruple Amputee
Nov 27, 2006
Happy ill be able to run it, and probably on high. i truly dont think its going to require geforce 9 series to run on high and the 8800 i have will run it smoothly. Hell, wouldnt doubt some of the 7 series running on high.

I am building a system just for it. Q6600, 8800GTX, 2GB DDR2 1066

cyress8

Fresh Meat for life!!!!
May 9, 2007
will definitly rup crysis a new one. Where is leech though he said he was going for a setup running sli 8800GTX which im going for right before crysis comes out with a quad core setup (Hope i can save enough in time:distressed: )

Leechasd

Eye of The Beholder
Nov 16, 2006
Next Rig Setup:
1 x Asus Striker Extreme 680i
1 x Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X2048-9136C5D 2GB 2X1GB PC2-9136 DDR2-1142 CL 5-5-5-15-2T 240PIN Dual Memory Kit
3 x 500GB Seagate SATA2 HDD's + 1 x 320GB Seagate SATA2 HDD
1 x Enermax Galaxy 850w Power Supply
1 x Swiftech H20-220 Apex ULTRA+ Complete System Liquid Cooling Kit
1 x Lian Li PC-V2000 Plus Silver
1 x Penryn QX6800 CPU (waiting)
1 x 9200 GTX or Final revision fourth quarter gpu (waiting)

CalinX2

HellBlazer
Jun 26, 2008
i surely can handle it :evillaugh:

The switch

Jun 9, 2008
I've never played it before but I've seen the graphics and I hear its hard to tell real life from fake. (maby exaggeratant.. if that's even a word)

paschendale

individualist anarchist
Mar 5, 2008
Crysis is a realistic phantasy, - as opposite to Bioshock's phantasy realism. If you want to get the best performance out of Crysis, you should run the DirectX9 batch file. I didn't experience any problem while playing on high settings. By the way, Crysis Warhead - expansion pack - is coming real, real, real soon this September (~16th). More "Psychos", less chess-players.

p.s. You spell it "exaggerated".

newsn

Nov 1, 2007
Go to gametrailers.com and check out some in-game videos of it. It's a pretty game you can't argue that but I wouldn't go as far as to say it looks like real life but hey you be the judge.

paschendale

individualist anarchist
Mar 5, 2008
You contemplate realism and fantasy, games and internet, alternative worlds and space dimensions; subconsciously emerges Schopenhauer's "possible means not what we may picture in our imagination, but what can actually exist and last." And Marcus Aurelius's "everything is by nature made but to die." Then you suffer from migraine.

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
I can play the game on rig.. But then I need to buy a new video card to be able to run it on high specs.

BartSimpson

Mar 2, 2007

Just added another HDD to my PC and cleaned the dust filters and the case..so I took a few pictures with my (crappy) cellphone-cam.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 @ 3.4GHz
RAM: 4GB Corsair DDRII-800 @ 945 (5,5,5,15)
Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS5
GPU: NVidia Geforce 8800GTS-512 @ 730/2030
HDDs: 1x Western Digital RaptorX 150GB + 3x Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB
Soundcard: Creative X-Fi Music
Case: Thermaltake SopranoFX
PSU: Tagan TG500-BZ (500W)

It's now half a year old but still can display most games with the highest video settings (except Crysis:runintears: ;))

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
I really thought the minimum requirements where much higher then what kbryc08 posted.

Could easily play it without a doubt.

Problem is, I find FPS games to be absolute garbage, that deep down, are all the freaking same, so they try to spiff up all of them with good graphics.