砂ぼうず Desert Punk [480p] [Dual-Audio]

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
The originality of some of these anime never ceases to amaze me. Mind you I come across one or two that are similar to something I have seen before and then I find an anime like this....a totally foreign animal. One thing I really like about this anime is the protaganist. He just isn't a nice guy, not a villian mind you (not exactly) but just a flawed creature like the rest of us. Interesting choice for a lead character and it really works here.
2010082900131512d.jpg
Summary : In the future, Japan is a wasteland. In the Great Kantou Desert, scattered humans eke out a living in the hot sand. Among them, a short-statured man they call [Sunabouzu] makes a living as a bounty hunter. Like a demon of the sand, he seems unbeatable. Yet, like all men, he has a particular weakness for the opposite sex...

desert_punk_(sunabozu)_198_1280.jpg

Size: 6.92 GB
Detected quality: 480p
Original run: 06 October 2004 — 30 March 2005
Episodes count: 24
Director: Inagaki Takayuki
Studio: Gonzo
Languages: English , Japanese
Subtitles: English

Video :
Format profile: High@L3.0
Bit rate: ~1,000 Kbps
Resolution: 720x480
Display aspect ratio: 4:3

English Audio :
Format: AC3
Bit rate: 448 Kbps
Channels: 6 (5.1 Surround Sound)

Japanese Audio :
Format: AC3
Bit rate: 256 Kbps
Channels: 2 (Stereo)

wallpaper1121.jpg

Original Uploader: Arjuna_King

Attachments

• [kickass.to]desert.punk.480p.dd5.1.dual.audio.torrent
    19.6 KB · Views: 676
Last edited:

kiki_tt

Jul 28, 2008
This was an okay series...the "apprenticeship story line" added a few nice quirks to the series...

Reactions: Ceewan

Saithan

Dec 31, 2006
I think the characters our protagonist runs into and has dealings with adds more flavor to this anime. Especially because he seems to have a complex about himself :)

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I think your both right. I thought the whole "apprenticeship" thing was just going to be comic relief but it actually was an integral part of the storyline yet it is the background characters that add depth to the series. Secondary characters are a huge part of any anime, they are the supporting cast. Most anime don't forget that but the ones that do suffer. Desert Punks' "complex"....well that is one flawed guy, no doubting he has some serious issues. He is a badass though, and he has style......still........never seen a protaganist similar to him. A rather unique guy.

Glad ya'll liked the anime as much as I did and thx for your comments!

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Thx, nice of you to say. Honestly though, most of the anime I have shared in this section are very different from each other. So you will probably find some you like more than others and some you don't care much for at all. I am constantly looking for some new anime (to me at least) to watch because I just can't stand most of the shows on regular tv and I have to be in the mood to sit through a 90 minute or longer movie that may or may not suck eggs. Quite a few of these anime I did not like that much after watching the first episode or two but I got curious where they were going with the story and ended up hooked on the tale. The great thing about anime is it is such a small investment in your time, averaging about 24 minutes an episode.

Keep in mind not all anime has fanservice, I don't remember much from this one. I wouldn't put Desert Punk in my top ten either but I liked the humor and the original take on the story and nutty characters. Some of these episodes I thought were very well told. So if you or anyone likes it, I love that. I mean that is why I share. But if you don't find this is your particular cup-of-tea then try something else because this section is a smorgasboard.

abc.dem.puppies

Retired, very occasionally around
Jul 10, 2009
Well, I know that walking in. Some of the anime that I like is teeth grinding at first. Blue Gender and Trigun are like that at first because the protagonist is a bitch. But after a few episodes you get to know them a bit better.