Attachment Issue suggest solution

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

What should be done about the corrupt attachments?

• Total voters

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
The problem we're facing now is that all attachments including torrents posted before the database problems are corrupted.

So we have 2 options...

Either we delete all the torrent threads and start again, people are free to repost old torrents of course, but all the old threads and attachments will be deleted.

OR

We wait for everyone to re-upload the torrent attachments to each of their respective threads (there are currently around 1500 attachments)

Note: No member of staff is willing or even able to reupload all of the attachments to all of the threads. We don't have the torrent files other than of our own threads.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Update: I have re-uploaded all of my own torrents. It wasn't very difficult.
After a certain point (not soon enough to be concerned) we will have to delete threads without functional torrents attached.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

nuts

Feb 11, 2007
3rd option (sorry to the bunch of mods here.. haha): Keep existing thread, but delete affected attachments. Then paste a big red 'modified due to XXXXXXX (the recent blooper), please re-upload the torrent" etc in each affected post.

Think that would probably be a better option, preventing anyone from downloading corrupted attachment without wiping the board clean. Time for the mods to earn their pay.... muhahaha. :hero:

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
All attachments from before jan 28 are corrupt.
We encourage reuploading your attachments.
After a time, we will purge all torrent threads not edited after jan 28, since they will have corrupted torrents.

Checking and editing threads like that is tedious, tedious work.
That's why we're recruiting temporary mods.

If anyone feels they want to help with reuploading torrents, just give chompy a PM, and you'll get to be a moderator temporarily.

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
I voted for & believe that deleting them and starting fresh is the fastest least painful way to go abou this. Waiting for ever (literally) for people who are NOT going to re-upload there torrents anyway is pointless. We did it once and we can do it again.
desioner

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Don't worry. We don't plan on keeping them forever.
They'll be purged in a week or so.
And since the result will be the same, there's no harm in saving a few torrents while you're at it.

sukebe

Nov 30, 2006
Well i guess you could delete some of the old threads, though i have already reupped some of my torrents... and maybe my manga and jav (the last 30) threads could be kept since i reupped most of these torrents to a new thread in each category, so the old threads can work as reference to know what is each torrent... the same for the old h-mangas.

Also i think it's good idea that torrent uploaders 're-attach' their most prominent torrents at least (it's quite easy) and tag them accordingly (so mods know which ones not to delete)... though in cases like Turugi's torrents they're all gonna have to be deleted i guess o_O

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
I hope you're wrong, but I'm pretty sure you're right.

Arkard

Vampire Hentai Lover
Dec 11, 2006
I think that if all the torrents before the date are corrupted you should make a list and send it to the most commonly uploaders and if they want they upload.

fhc

BRASIL, Rio de Janeiro .
Dec 17, 2006
CHOMPY, PLEASE, PAY ATTENTION:

NOT delete any thread of torrents created by FHC: I already fixed all my torrents, and deleted the threads that I cannot fix.

I already posted 24 new torrents in these last 3 days . Please, NOT delete then ! :cry:

I voted to delete the threads. If the torrent NOT work, need to be deleted. :ban:

If the uploader NOT fixed it yet, It is because he NOT want to fix it. :dunno:

flame_zero

Eat this !!!
Dec 13, 2006
think we should just wait a bit, i mean i'm sure if we ask the person would be willing to upload the torrent agian :virtuous:

fhc

BRASIL, Rio de Janeiro .
Dec 17, 2006
PLEASE, READ: IMPORTANT:

have some uploaders in shibuyabashi that I know very well and they are very "sentimental".

I guess, you need to delete all posts that have a corrupted torrent, but, I beg to you:

send a private message to the uploader informing the reason of his thread was deleted, because, maybe, the uploader can feel offended and no more to post torrents in here.

I don't want the uploaders to leave. I don't want to be the unique guy posting torrents of hentai games in here. :cry:

bobuild01

Feb 17, 2007
I am just using PM to original posters if I want their torrent and hope for best.