akiba resident JAV subtitlers & subtitle talk★NOT A SUB REQUEST THREAD★

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

CaptainTaicho19

Oct 19, 2015
Does anyone have experience with the admins for javsubtitle.com? I've requested a translation and got a 15 day est. time frame however its been 20 days and they won't respond to my emails.

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Does anyone have experience with the admins for javsubtitle.com? I've requested a translation and got a 15 day est. time frame however its been 20 days and they won't respond to my emails.

Yes they take a while to respond. It's something i experienced too when i ordered a movie from them myself. I've bought the movies from their website too but they haven't updated it in a while so i thought they had stopped translating movies. I did get the movie when expected although it was hard to get any communication in between. I imagine they don't have access to their email regualarly or maybe they're just too busy. Either way my best advice is just to be patient.

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Thanks for letting us know about the site as it now gives us another possible avenue for trying to have movies translated into English. Of course this all relies on the accuracy of the Chinese translation, but if anyone is able to translate from Mandarin to English and is looking to earn some cash then let us know. I have been working with direct from Japanese translators so far but it's nice to have some more options.

I attempted to translate a movie from Chinese subtitles in a movie recently using my mobile phone and the Google translate app and found it really frustrating. For one thing, the app was horribly inconsistent in recognizing the letters by image and so it would often take many attempts to get the whole line translated (I'm not blaming it really as the video quality is not great), and even then it was as you would expect pretty broken English that it was giving me back. To try to make sense of it was quite difficult as the machine translation was as nonsensical as the titles you often see on Javlibrary or other sites. I will try to share it with you guys if i ever go back and finish the scene.

The following are a couple of screenshots from a section which i remember having great difficulty making sense of. The lines are in order and was part of a monologue by the girl which pretty much tells you what the whole scene is about. To anyone who understands Chinese and can give me feedback with how i did, it would be appreciated but it was quite a frustrating process.

View attachment 601102 View attachment 601103 View attachment 601104 View attachment 601105 View attachment 601106 View attachment 601107 View attachment 601108 View attachment 601109 View attachment 601110

I did eventually finish the scene if you want to check it out though i can't vouch for it's accuracy.

Attachments

• FAX-073.rar
    2.3 KB · Views: 1,133

Pink72

Jun 6, 2015
I am still waiting for my translations from javsubtitle as well. It's been at least 3 months since the est. date and I havn't gotten any news from the admins either. I have used their services many times in the past and this is the first time I havnt received my translations so I don't know whats up with that. I assume they havn't checked their emails in a long time. If anyone gets a response from them please let us know.

CaptainTaicho19

Oct 19, 2015
I am still waiting for my translations from javsubtitle as well. It's been at least 3 months since the est. date and I havn't gotten any news from the admins either. I have used their services many times in the past and this is the first time I havnt received my translations so I don't know whats up with that. I assume they havn't checked their emails in a long time. If anyone gets a response from them please let us know.
Wow. 3 months really raises some concern. Considering they've had contact with me about a month ago they really should have contacted you by then. I'd hate to say this but maybe they are scamming people now. I'll send another email regarding the subtitles but as for now I would suggest people from dealing with them. I' glad because I was actually interested in translating 4 titles from them at the same time but decided to do 1 just for a quality check. But it really does seem that they are resorting to scamming people.

Pink72

Jun 6, 2015
This is the first time that this has happened since I have used their services at least 5 times in the past. They usually translate multiple titles at once for me like you said so i'm a bit suprised to not receive them this time. Hopefully a reply comes sometime soon.but since their email is the only way to contact them that I am aware of I can only wait.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
1 business day max for a reply for any respectable business. If you're waiting weeks w/o a reply, then file a chargeback if you used your credit and find someone else to subtitle what you want.

tonyvee

Dec 12, 2008
how about dubbing ?? i'd love to hear an overdub in accented english with a cute manner saying things like, 'thank you, sir, for allowing me to receive a load of your sperm on my face.' i try to get my girlfriend to say that, but she treats me like a dog.

There's plenty of Hentai with subtitles. Every straight movie my girlfriend watched she liked subtitles because it helped her understand the English. Then we started watching Hentai. It helped her with English and helped me understand Japanese. The Hentai dubbed into English is downright aweful. I would never want to see JAV dubbed. Any movie is always better in the native language with subs IMO

Rezzonicco

Jan 1, 2009
Erojapanese have completed with the usual punctuality and professionalism the subs for Rin Sakuragi's RBD-774. Those who contributed to the project during the early-bird period have already received them. The others can now buy them from their site by the normal price (double of the early-bird price).

Reactions: Motiman

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Erojapanese have completed with the usual punctuality and professionalism the subs for Rin Sakuragi's RBD-774. Those who contributed to the project during the early-bird period have already received them. The others can now buy them from their site by the normal price (double of the early-bird price).

Great work Rezzo! Got my copy and look forward to having a watch, if i can find the time. :confused: Hope it didn't end up costing you too much and there was enough support for the sub.

Reactions: Rezzonicco

Rezzonicco

Jan 1, 2009
Great work Rezzo! Got my copy and look forward to having a watch, if i can find the time. :confused: Hope it didn't end up costing you too much and there was enough support for the sub.

It cost me a bit, Moti, and I am licking my wounds :)
It is certainly one of Rin's best videos though.

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
It cost me a bit, Moti, and I am licking my wounds :)
It is certainly one of Rin's best videos though.

Sorry to hear that. Its still not that easy to arrange a group funding project as there is so much choice out there. I must admit that its not something I would have chosen but I did want to help you out so sent in a donation.

Hopefully things may become easier in future but its all about choosing the right movie and setting the right price. I think our next one will do better.

Reactions: Rezzonicco

cafltx

Jan 27, 2008
I am not sure why we have four versions of the same torrent. We need to use only one for better speeds.

They are all working, so let's just leave version A in here.

xavcierw

X-Man
Mar 30, 2013
attachment.php

Paco from the Scanlover forum has graciously provided subs he commissioned for Sarasa Hara (Natsume Iroha) and Anna Rika RBD-632 Female Lawyer, Until the Fall. I've edited the file so that the timings are accurate and the English is more natural. The attached .zip file contains both the .ass & .srt files.

Enjoy!
Hi Trounce,

Thanks for reposting RBD-632, and thank you, Paco, for the initial sharing.

Do either of you have the movie you can share? I've tried to dl all 8 parts from my 'Go To' JAV source but they all terminated ("Unknown Server Failure") leaving me bereft of the movie, although thanks to you, I do have the subs for it.

I'm next going to seek other sources for the movie but I thought I'd ask you if you had it available and was willing to share it.

Thanks!

X-Man
xavierw@aol.com